f

Thursday 31 January 2019

J A N U A R Y 2019 | Hotbuys Review

Ahh here it is, our first Hotbuys Review of 2019! These pieces are straight from a warm Italian setting, and look super beautiful. While it is winter for most of us, it is summer in some parts of the world, and so these HB's fit very well with last years summer offerings too. I think these are pretty attractive HB's overall, I think the presentation looks great and the pieces look fun for styling =)

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S 
Cache Leather Bag - This is such a cute and different piece. I love a white accessory, and the gold strap is an extra bonus for this piece, plus the gold trim, it's adorable^ The size is quite small, so it might get a little lost in a look, but I like the minimal design and the structure of the piece, a definite purchase for me! Original Future 18SD's
Cult Gaia Inspired Sandals - I was definitely excited for these sandals, and they lived up to my expectations for sure =) While flat shoes aren't usually so much my thing, I love the design of these, the tortoiseshell buckle looks great and really stands out in the style - I think these will be absolutely great in the summer months for me^ It Girls 16SD's
Marni Inspired Printed Skirt - What a fun skirt this is! The midi style is popular and the overall shape of the piece is classic and very wearable. The print is what adds the fun, the colours are super pretty and it's such an interesting style, the orange definitely attracts me as I find it easy to work with. This will be great in the spring and summer =) Bizou 21SD's
Marni Inspired Pumps - For sure the most versatile piece of this collection, who doesn't love a pointed white kitten heel?! These shoes have so much to offer. They're a great shape, the pointed toe is in a unique shape and looks great, plus the tiny kitten heel is adorable and also a popular style! Pretty 'N Love 19SD's
Metallic Link Necklace - This is the first piece I'm not so sure about. I love the idea of a great chunky chain necklace and I think it's a great piece for styling in different ways, but I don't so much love how this one looks on the doll. I think it's the link at the front, and it's quite tight to the neck, I think something a little looser would work better for me. I've also not seen anyone else style this yet. It Girls 14SD's
Raffia Bag - Super excited for this raffia bag =) Love the raffia style and this one is definitely an individual piece against what we've had before. Love the square handle and the box structure to the body of the bag, along with the crossed closing design. Again it's another summer piece, particularly with the light tan colouring that it has. I've not seen anyone else style this yet, but maybe everyone is waiting a few months to end the winter =D Bizou 19SD's
Spotted Suede Bralette Top - This bralette is such a cute piece, the red is bold and eye-catching and the printing is pretty cute, but this piece doesn't fit on the doll very well! This really disappointed me. While bra-style pieces aren't something I wear a lot, I was willing to give this one a chance, but the fit puts me off. RIO 19SD's
Leather Coat - Definitely a stand out piece from this collection, it looks incredibly luxurious^ I love the printing design on this piece, it's almost like an animal print, but not quite and looks unique. The mink colouring is stunning and I love the almost-faux-fur texture the piece has, it definitely adds to the overall glamorous vibe. It looks great on the doll too^ Pretty 'N Love 29SD's
Woven Bralette Top - This one is pretty much the same as the previous, the fit isn't right on the doll, so still disappointing, being in a silk white makes it a versatile piece that definitely should be popular, but due to the fit, I really haven't seen anyone wear this. RIO 19SD's
Printed Skirt - Ok so a little disappointingly, this skirt hasn't hasn't materialised in the Plaza yet, the link will work and the skirt will show up once this error is fixed^ It looks like a cute piece, very similar to the other skirt in terms of style, shape and design, I love the wrapping style of the layers and the printing, and I love that it all looks good in white, it's versatile and will work year round =) It Girls 21SD's

F E A T U R E S
So first up in the features, Tasmins wearing the Marni Inspired Printed Skirt in this fun and colourful styling, love it! I especially love the orange accessorising, these shoes are fabulous with the skirt and the belt is a great piece mixing the orange and black. The greens in the skirt are highlighted beautifully with the turquoise sleeves, great choice!
Second up, wearing the Marni Inspired Pumps is brendaacelya looking sleek in Tribute pieces in addition =) The shoes really pop out against the black sheer socks and I love the glittered tights used too. The blazer dress is super smart, and the silver detailing pops out well against the shoes. Such a snazzy styling for this piece^
Our final feature is ajenkam wearing the Cache Leather Bag which really stands out well in this coloured styling. The white is perfect against the blue and the styles of the two meld together very nicely, both very smart and really made street-style with the addition of the trainers (a perfect fit for sure!) and the leather jacket, I love it contrasting so well with these culottes =)

S T Y L I N G S
Adding in something a little extra this year with the STYLINGS section - stylings coming from the Guest Writers! I think this is a fun addition to the Hotbuys Reviews^ Each picked one of their favourite items to style up from this month, AudreyHepburn. and cinderela23barb both picked the Marni Inspired Pumps and while both wearing dressed, the colours couldn't be more different, with bold red in the first, and cute pastels in the second - both looks make these shoes look super versatile, which is something I love showing you guys! Miloshki wears the Cache Leather Bag which looks great against these scenery jeans, and a contrast to the chunky knitwear in the styling, but perfectly fitting with the frames and earring =) And finally vogue_veronica styles the Marni Inspired Printed Skirt, again choosing perfect orange and turquoise accessories, so surely a winning combination! I love the smart over-shoulder blazer with the look, it completely dresses it up and takes it to another level =)

And lastly my own stylings! I've somehow managed to choose different pieces to the above looks, so we're showing a great selection of the Hotbuys in this post =) First up the Cult Gaia Inspired Sandals in this summer based styling, I love that they work with so many pieces, I had a lot of options for these, which definitely made me excited! I stuck with browns to go with the buckle, these trousers are such a cute combination, and I love this raffia bag with them too. Secondly the Raffia Bag which I attempted to wear in a slightly more wintery style, I don't think it completely works, the boots are a little overwhelming I think, but I do like the bag with the leopard print, so this is something I will definitely wear again^ And finally the Leather Coat which I've been wearing since the release - it has made me the perfect spring look with outerwear! I love this outfit and this piece so much, I also love that I've not seen anyone else wear it yet, so hopefully this maybe provides you a little inspiration to style it. I love it against the white base, and I'm also super glad that I finally found a look that was perfect for this bag too, I've been looking for a while and this is the answer for it =D

No comments:

Post a Comment