f

Monday 17 August 2020

2019 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

S U M M E R 2 0 1 9
So I'm quite disappointed that July and most of August has gone by and Tribute season has been skipped over, for me it is a huge highlight of the Summer and Winter seasons =( However today we're taking a look back and revisiting the Summer 2019 Tributes, I kinda can't believe it's only been a year that we've had some of these releases! This season we got 6 releases, Museum Mile: Jean Paul Gaultier, Chanel, Valentino, Alexander Wang, Balenciaga and Jeremy Scott. Generally I'd say this season was pretty successful for me, I liked more than I disliked, with my least favourite releases being the JPG and the Jeremy Scott, the designs and vibes are just not my thing, but I bought plenty from the other stores to make up for it^

C H A N E L
Chanel was our first stand alone Tribute this year, there's just something I really like about getting it first, like it's a nice tradition as it's usually been the first of the series when released previously, and was our first ever Tribute store. This collection was quite small in comparison to previous releases, but I don't think the quality or style is changed, there's something very classic about it particularly with those tweed designs. I wouldn't say this was one of the most popular Chanel releases, but I think it's grown on me in the year since we've had it, while I was quite unsure what to do with some of the pieces at first, like the Chanel Inspired Mules, I'm quite excited to be giving them a go now. My favourite piece from the collection for sure is the Chanel Inspired Blazer Dress which I've actually worn a few times, I just adore the tweed in a pretty lilac colour^

V A L E N T I N O
The next release was Valentino, which has been one of the most beautiful collections we've had I think! For me it was really just a perfect one, great colours and selection of designs, and new ideas from what we've had in the Plaza previously, it really ticks every box^ Everything is just so pretty! The colours very much scream 'Autumn' to me, with the browns and burgundies, and I don't think I took advantage of them enough last year, so this is my reminder to wear them this year. I think this release was one of the most popular last year, but I haven't seen any of the pieces styled in a little while, I'd love to see those dresses styled again! This was actually only our second Valentino store, so I'm really hoping for another one soon =D

A L E X A N D E R W A N G
Then there was an Alexander Wang release, not completely my favourite, and actually super small with only 5 looks for female dolls, which is a bit on the low side for a Tribute release - however I did pick up a couple of good pieces in this release, I just haven't really given them much focus in stylings. Recently though I included the Wang Inspired Plastic Earrings in my Wear Dem Jewels Challenge and that was super fun, those are for sure I piece I haven't seen many people style before. I do have a little regret that I didn't get the Wang Inspired Silk Dress, I think while the fit was a little different, that I could have made it work in a couple of stylings, so maybe I need to get into the Bazaar and have a good search for it!

B A L E N C I A G A
And the final Tribute to look back on, Balenciaga! This is another one we've only had a couple of times, and I think it's been a pretty solid release each time, this one being no exception. It's fun to have some bright colours in good styles to work with, and this collection gave a really good range, I'm all for those orange and red tones! I've got quite a few pieces from this release, and have worn several of them a few times, I particularly love the Balenciaga White Boots, those are such a fun accessory to have! One of the pieces I see styled fairly regularly is the Balenciaga Inspired Flag Dress, which I'm quite pleased about as it's such a different piece^

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've been off stardoll for some time, and lost all of these amazing tributes �� now that I'm back I've been thinking that maybe covid affected stardoll in some way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved revisiting these Tributes, and re-styling this year has really reminded me that they are great for styling =D

      Delete