f

Monday 3 August 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | July 2019

A little delayed, but better late than never, looking back to the July 2019 Hotbuys today - I loved these western vibes and the accessories a lot, but the denim pieces weren't so much for me, and I still agree with my original thoughts about this release. For sure these aren't my most worn pieces, however there are a couple of real gems, and you'll have seen me wear the Gold Tone Necklace and the Gold Tone Sunglasses a lot of times! This necklace has been such a valuable addition to my wardrobe^ I loved the rest of the accessories at the time though, but never quite ended up wearing them very much, so today styling up the Backless Boots and the Fendi Inspired Bag:
I tried to wear some other pieces I've not worn in a long time or not worn at all, and I think I was fairly successful! For the boots I chose this old printed dress which really makes the look pop - I like the combination of a darker styled boot with a dress to really play with the styles and this pairing is spot on. While I didn't use the Musubi Mini Tote from the HBs in this styling set, I did pick out the latest colour swatch we got for it in one of our It Girls releases recently and I think it's a fab fit with the design of the boots. I'm just lacking some jewellery in this styling, nothing I had fitted well enough, so I'm on the hunt in the Plaza and Bazaar for some more pieces^ For the bag, I really struggled quite a bit, I love the brown and black printed section, I think that provides a lot of styling options, but the wicker/straw portion was tricky! The colour doesn't work well with everything, so to find a choice that works with all aspects of the bag was a challenge. In the end I'm pretty happy with this dress, I think it works to complement all aspects of the bag well, and it's pretty versatile to add to further with the accessories. I chose black for the accessories to tie in with the handle and strap on  the bag and I really like it. Again missing some jewellery for this styling too. I'd love to see some of you guys try out this bag for sure =D

No comments:

Post a Comment