f

Wednesday 12 August 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | August 2014

Time to look back at the August 2014 Hotbuys, these aren't really memorable pieces for me, they really were the opposite and a little forgettable. They're very casual style pieces, which I don't mind, but this is just a mix to the opposite style of mine - I did pick up one piece that I've held onto for all this time, the Woven Shopper Tote, which I think I've only worn one time before and that wasn't a great look and was also a couple of years back now. Time to try it out again =)
I was a little worried about the bag at first, mostly down to the colours which are a muted beige and black, but actually once I picked out a few pairs of trousers to try with it, the rest of the stylings slipped into place so easily - actually I ended up styling 4 looks for the bag, and chose my favourite 2, so I'm impressed! First up with black trousers, I loved the leathery vibes to these against the more matte vibe of the bag, and I knew I wanted to keep them looking classy so I added these fabulous patent pointed heels. I tried out so many shirts with this look, and actually most of them looked good, but there was something about the oversizing of this one that just made me decide it was the perfect choice. The sunglasses and earrings make for perfect accessory finishing touches^ For the second styling, a lighter trouser and these have the perfect colouring to go with the beige of the bag. I used a black base for the shirt and the accessories and I think the small amounts really work to highlight the bag well in the stylings, while the blazer adds a nice smart and light touch that I was looking for in the outfit =) I'm very pleasantly surprised with how these stylings of this bag worked out, I'll definitely have to remember to consider including it in more stylings in the future =D

No comments:

Post a Comment