f

Monday 22 July 2019

I N S P I R E D B Y A L E X A N D E R W A N G | Tribute Review

Our 3rd Tribute store is here - Alexander Wang! This brand isn't one that I really keep an eye on, and the previous Plaza release wasn't something I've gotten on well with, so it's not one for me, but I will still post a brief review for continuity^ The advertising seems a little bland, for me it gives no indication of what the release will be like.
Highlights The release is quite small, there are 2 floors with 5 female looks and 2 male looks. I do like that the colours are very neutral on the most part, which gives a little more versatility to the pieces. The interior has had great reviews though, I've seen it featured in quite a few suites already!
Accessories There is a good range of accessories with this release. There are 3 pairs of shoes, the ones which catch my eye are the Wang Inspired Chain Stilettos, these have great intricate details and I love the squared off toe capped design along with the strapping across the foot. I'm not a fan of the bag choice, but there are at least other inclusions in accessories to choose from. The Wang Inspired Plastic Earrings are very cool, I really like the twisted style and the sheeny-ness they have, a very cool piece. And also the Wang Inspired Plastic Sunglasses, these make a great pairing and I love how they look on the doll.
Clothing There's not a whole lot that I love in the clothing category, I'm not such a fan of underwear or leggings or tiny lengths, so with only a small number of looks that cuts down the pieces a bit, however there are some very nice items mixed in with that. I really love the look of the Wang Inspired Silk Dress, it's a current trendy piece with the straps, the slit and the silk material, plus the pattern is very nice and really makes it unique - but the shape is a real let down. The piece isn't fitted at all, it's really designed to be worn as it is in the store, with a shirt beneath - for me that really makes it lose it's selling point, but I might give it a go yet. Another dress-type piece is the Wang Oversized Shirt, which is styled up on a male mannequin so could work for either males or females. I like the smart style to this, and it really could be worn as either a shirt or a dress, I've seen about an equal number of looks for either. I think this is probably the most popular piece so far, and I look forward to seeing more stylings with it!
Another oversized piece that really is working for me is the Wang Inspired Oversized Jacket, mostly because it's pretty much an oversized blazer and it's a style I'm really quite into this year so far! It's minimal with a black base, but has cute details on the cuff and also a sequin pink section on the side, I love that^ It's a longline length, so could easily also work as a blazer dress. And the final piece I quite liked is the Wang Inspired Bustier Top, it's really a casual and wearable twist to the 'underwear as outerwear' trend, and I like that it's a white tee base as it's super easy to wear as a colour. It has a cool offset neckline which looks really nice and the twist of the fabric over the bustier design really is something individual. I've not seen anyone style this yet, but I think it's a great piece in the collection!
Prices The release ranges from 14 to 33SD's which is pretty much on par with previous Tribute releases. There is no limit to the pieces, but the store will only be around for about 4 weeks, there may be a 'Last Chance' advertisement near the end of the run so be sure to watch for that!
Styled Outfits Now for my looks, I really liked working with these pieces, I've definitely made the right choices for me from this release. First the Wang Inspired Plastic Earrings and Wang Inspired Plastic Sunglasses, I knew I wanted to choose a look with other sheer or perspex/plastic qualities, andI loved the blue tint to this sheer based skirting. The dark lenses played well to other dark accessories in the look, it's like summer with a dark twist, I really like this outfit^ Secondly the Wang Oversized Shirt which I styled super simply by just adding accessories - I love the silver hint of these boots with the shirt, it's a colour that works well with the slight blue tones the white of the shirt has. Also love this bag with the look and even added some jewellery in the neckline. This one definitely has a lot of options, it's just trying out what works best for your own style! And finally the Wang Inspired Oversized Jacket which again I styled super simply. I added a black skirt and V neck top which I like the layered look of, but then focused on accessories to match the pink sequin section - these boots and this sparkly bag are the cutest additions to this dark piece^ I kept the glasses dark as a balance, and overall I really like how this first go has worked out with the piece, I'm really excited to style it more =D
Features And now for some features, first up is beringelalara styling the Wang Inspired Oversized Jacket, Wang Inspired Chain Stilettos, Wang Inspired Pin Bra and Diamond Glasses, really packing a lot into one look! The pieces look good together, and I love all of the extra additions with the draping jewels, they really look fabulous and completely transform the blazer!
And next we have two stylings with the Wang Oversized Shirt, firstly from Elrry, who layers it up underneath a dress, I think it works really nicely with this specific piece, the shapes are very complementary to each other. The accessories are super cute and really make the look, love the bag and shoes combination and the neon green really makes a pop^
Secondly with the Wang Oversized Shirt is rob_sef7, who also layers the piece, but oppositely with the shirt paired over a white silky skirt, I love that texture with it^ The look also includes the Wang Inspired Plastic Earrings which I think work great with the hat and sunglasses - I love the minimal accessory vibes, the shoes are super fun, as is the bag, everything is just a little of something different and I love it!

1 comment: