f

Monday 24 August 2020

A R C H I V E : F O L K | Styled Outfits

Friday brought us a new release of Archive, this time with a focus on the old Folk store which was in the Plaza several years ago - overall the style of the store has never been fitting with my own style, but a few pieces here and there were pretty good. I remember loving a couple of these items when they first came out, but now they're really not my vibe. I did pick up a couple of pieces to style, and there's a few more I'm tempted by like the red and blue Bilbao Dotted Maxidress and the more muted Floral Cotton Dress - but so far I've just picked out the Iman Black Top and Satin Fringe Trousers to style up today:

The shirt has such a versatility to it, the black is perfect for so many colours and styles to work with it and I really like the slight crop to the length, making it ideal for high-waist bottom half pieces - I really had so much to choose from when styling! I love the classic look of the silk skirt with the top, I think these two pieces are really seamless together. I kept the rest of the look minimal so the focus was on the clothing - the neckline of the top is very wide and really does need some jewellery, I didn't quite have something perfect that still fitted the look, so I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm styling this piece! And for the trousers, I found these easy to style, but I kept it super simple, there are for sure more creative directions to take with these fun trousers. For me the white worked best with the dark pink, but I added a few light pink tones in the top and the shoes (which are definitely one of my favourite pairs right now). I did resize and turn the trousers a little to wear them, this makes them more cropped in length and more high on the waist which is my preferred style for trousers, and I think it still works well for them^

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous looks! where is your skirt from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the skirt is from It Girls from a couple of years ago, you can find the post here:
      https://thestardolllookbook.blogspot.com/2018/10/i-t-g-i-r-l-s-release-review.html

      Delete