f

Sunday 2 August 2020

Round 2 | W E A R D E M J E W E L S C H A L L E N G E # 16

Next up for the Wear Dem Jewels Challenge are the 60s Earrings from Callie's Picks (I'm not sure where they were originally from, sorry!) which I've had for such a long time and actually only worn on the last Wear Dem Jewels Challenge which was 5 years ago almost exactly^ It's definitely the size that has put me off of them, they are a pretty big pair to work with so they do take over a styling a little bit. Kept the makeup super simple, with white and yellow, and actually I love the addition of the brown eyeliner on the lower lash line, it's a little tricky to see with the mascara, but I really think it adds to the look! Last time I wore these earrings I went with an all-white look, and I think white is definitely one of the best colours that I have a lot of options for to style with this pair. I think some brown tones would also look great, but I got pulled in by the 'white' section of my wardrobe, haha^ For the first look I was trying out something different by including these trainers, they're not my usual style and definitely not with a dress, but I really quite like the outcome. This dress has a great colour to work with gold, and I liked adding the white layers in to tie with the trainers even more. The necklace is a cute delicate addition against the chunky earrings and I think it works out quite nicely =) For the second look it's much more 'me' pairing a white shirt with this fun yellow skirt - yellow is another colour which looks great with gold. I added simple gold heels and a fitting white and gold bag, this one is great for it's small size so it doesn't pull too much of the attention in the styling. I think these are a nice pair of looks for these earrings - be sure to let me know what you think in the comments^

No comments:

Post a Comment