f

Wednesday 5 August 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | August 2011

Back in August 2011 these were the HB's we were treated with - the floral and pink vibes really make me think of Springtime rather than Autumn, but there are some cute pieces to work with here. At some point I think I had the floral bag that the model is holding, however I've sold that along the way, but I do have the Chinoise Blazer from Folk which I picked up in the Bazaar some time ago. I have styled it various times, but not for a couple of years so it's time for a refresh on it!
This was definitely trickier to style than I was thinking it might be, which I'm a bit sad about as I really like it and want to wear it more. I picked classic combinations based on the colours in the blazer - I did try out some grey pieces, but they didn't work quite as well to highlight the piece as the pink and black colours do. First up these slim pink trousers, I think the colour is pretty good with the floral printing of the blazer, and I like the smart vibes that they have - workwear doesn't always have to be more 'plain' colours, and these trousers are great in that category. I kept the rest of the look to black as I think this really gave a solid base for the blazer to pop with. The belt on the blazer is also pretty good, the sheen to it means that these heeled sandals I picked match up very nicely. For the second styling, a switch, using black trousers, which also look great with the blazer, and a pink top. I didn't have a lot of choice for a pink top, the colour of these flowers is quite specific, and not all pinks look good I have learned! Kept the same shoes as they look great here too, but chose pink accessories this time.
Overall I think these are pretty nice looks, and they do work nicely with the blazer, but I'm really after that stunning look that just makes me go 'wow, it's perfect' for this piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment