f

Sunday 4 August 2019

I N S P I R E D B Y B A L E N C I A G A | Tribute Review

Time for another Tribute Review! Balenciaga is our 4th Tribute store this season - our first Balenciaga release was last Summer, so it's nice to see a continuation with the brand. The advertising is pretty dark and a little grim with the interior, but makes the perfect background for that fabulous pop of orange, for me that sells the clothing a lot^
Highlights This release has 2 floors, with 7 looks for the girls and 2 for the guys with some fun pieces for them which are a little different to the usual similar items. Overall it's a pretty mixed collection combining prints and bright colours, and a mix of styles of pieces - so I think it's pretty good providing for a range of people.
Accessories I don't find the accessories too strong in this release, it's really just bags and shoes, and only one extra, with the Balenciaga Inspired Belt. For me, none of the bags fit with my style ideas, so I'm passing on those, however there are some very nice shoes to be had. And I'm specifically liking the boots in this collection, the Balenciaga Inspired High Boots are a black over knee style with a wrapped design of 'Balenciaga' written around them. I find that super fun and so far it's really popped and stood out in stylings I've seen. I simply adore the Balenciaga White Boots, really the winner of the release for me. I love a square toe, a white boot, and the golden logo detail - they look great and also fab on the doll^
Clothing The clothing is much better than the accessories, but there are still a couple of more questionable pieces! Of the printed pieces, I really quite like the Balenciaga Inspired Flag Dress - sure it's not going to be something worn everyday, and it's not hugely versatile for styling, but the overall dress design is super pretty. There are delicate pleats all over, and I like the ruffle trim to the deep V, plus I'm all over the midi length^ Also printed, but with logo's is the cute set of the Balenciaga Inspired Top and Skirt White - super minimal and sleek pieces which look fab on, and great together or separately. Again loving the midi length of the Skirt, and the more covered design of the Top. The logo printing is pretty minimal, which is great so it's not too in your face and makes the pieces more wearable. 
There's a blue theme going on in the bottom halves with the Balenciaga Inspired Blue Skirt, again midi in length, but it has a sheeny-plastic-y type vibe to it, so I don't think it's for me. And then the Balenciaga Inspired Trousers in a navy - these have the same design as the Subcouture Balenciaga Inspired Flowy Trousers, which I really love, but are in navy, so I'm pretty happy with these! They look super smart, and I'm excited to try out a lot of different stylings with them. For tops, there is also some blue in the Balenciaga Inspired Blouse which has a super cool design with one long sleeve and one strap. It's a cropped piece, but it's not too cropped, and has some very nice gathering in the front, which makes it a unique piece. Secondly there is the Balenciaga Inspired Ruffle Top which is in bright red. This feels much more an Autumn/Winter piece with the colour and long sleeves paired with high neck, so I'll be styling it up in a few months, but it's a nice piece and sure looks fun. And lastly outerwear, also in fun bold colours - the Balenciaga Inspired Hourglass Coat is a fun blue checked piece and will be great for Autumn/Winter stylings, however the shape is a little lacking and it's not the most flattering of pieces on the doll. Then lastly there is the Balenciaga Inspired Orange Coat which looks super, I love the bright colour and while it's got a little shape, it looks much more flattering than the first piece. There's a kimono style to it, and I like the all the details, particularly the trim. This definitely doesn't need to be restricted to outerwear, it will look great as a top or dress too^
Prices This release ranges between 16 and 34SD's which is pretty much right for Tribute releases. Nothing is SS or Royalty limited, but the store will only be in the Plaza for a limited amount of time.
Styled Outfits I definitely bought more than I intended to, but I'm pleased with all of the pieces and my looks^ First up the Balenciaga Inspired Blouse and Balenciaga White Boots, in what might be a bit of a typical look for me with white trousers - but they just look perfect together. I like the hem of the trousers sitting just above the boots in this instance. This bag is just the perfect blue for the shirt, and the white made it even more perfect. Accessories focus on black and white which works nicely with the boots. Secondly, also wearing the Balenciaga White Boots again, but this time with the Balenciaga Inspired Trousers - these boots are super versatile! I kept the styling minimal and smart with a white shirt and white bag. It's effective for these as they really stand out. Also loving the ombre lenses of these sunglasses, super fun with the navy^ And finally wearing the pairing of the Balenciaga Inspired Top and Skirt White. I didn't add too much to this as I love the pairing on it's own, but couldn't resist this Balenciaga inspired bag, the black and white body is perfect for the clothing, and the scarf detail adds a little colour =D
Features And now for the features, you guys really liked this one^ Firstly a couple of looks with the Balenciaga Inspired Ruffle Top, this styling is from anaritamiranda which also includes the Balenciaga Inspired Belt. The red stands out well against the white, I like all of the shaping of the pieces around the mid-section, it's attractive and really draws you in the the belt. Love the casual additions of the trainers and the tote bag^
Also in the Balenciaga Inspired Ruffle Top is Bluets, adding from the last Balenciaga collection too which I love. It's a darker styling, but the red is just as effective, and it's perfect with the fringing design of the skirt. Love the black accessories, they are a great finishing touch, especially the chunky golden buckle on the belt =)
Next up LeGodja styles the Balenciaga Inspired Large Bag in this cool black and white look with fab pops of neon^ The oversizing of the bag looks great with the tight-fit shorts and the baggy boots, it's a great fit of fits! The white shirt is the perfect background for the printing on this bag to really stand out =D
Millaxx looks great in the Balenciaga Inspired Flag Dress - see it really looks lovely and the accessories are perfect for it^ I love the muted blue hue added with the shoes and the bag, it's super complementary to the dress colours. Also loving these earrings, such a perfect pairing in colours and style to the dress love it!
And for the final feature, missGiyonela wears the Balenciaga Inspired Checked Shirt, I love the addition of this feathered blue piece, it's fantastic paired with this piece! The white trousers with blue side-stripe are a great pairing, and I like the use of the polo underneath the open shirt. The Balenciaga accessories are super fun additions, I like the little use of floral there^

No comments:

Post a Comment