f

Sunday 10 May 2020

Round 2 | W E A R D E M J E W E L S C H A L L E N G E # 10

The weeks are passing so quickly in social distancing now, how is it another Sunday again?! Time for another Wear Dem Jewels Challenge post and this week I've picked the Valentino Valentino Star Earrings which I've had since their release (Winter 2013 =O) and never worn - I did try these a little earlier in the challenge, but didn't get past styling a makeup look! I think they're tricky as they combine gold, silver, stars and pearl - it's a lot to work with, and I don't think I've seen anyone else wear these either. I'm glad for the challenge though! I do think I should have changed hairstyle, while they look good with an up-do like this, I think a darker style would have made them pop more as they get a little lost in the blonde. For the makeup look I went light, choosing a white base and layered up with some lilac, grey and even a tiny bit of pink - I think it's a pretty nice look, however gold would have been a perfect addition! Particularly because I've used gold in my outfits - I did try a couple of silver and pearl based stylings, but nothing looked quite right, or I just preferred the gold, but I think they worked out well. Firstly with these cool printed trousers, I really like them for a stand out gold look, they do all of the talking, so not a lot more needs added. I went for white additions to keep it light and it works well, I think it looks pretty good with the earrings. For the second look I had to choose this dress, the slinky style is super perfect for the style of the earrings. I love adding this bag, the colour is great with the dress and the coloured jewels give a fun touch. I did struggle with shoes, I didn't have anything that matched as well as these boots, but I think a slinky sandal would look perfect^ I'm pretty pleased with these stylings, would love to see some others give these earrings a go if they have them =D

No comments:

Post a Comment