f

Friday 11 March 2016

C A L L I E S P I C K S | Release Review

Apologies for the lateness of this post - I had a very long and busy day and I'd rather the post was late and complete than rushed and lacking =)
This week we got our fortnightly Callie's Picks release, and number 61 was themed 'Best Dressed', so all about gowns and looking fancy! I wasn't too pulled in by the homepage ad, to me it just didn't seem attractive or sell what the store would have very well, but there's always second chances!
So we got two floors this time, pretty packed for us girls, but for the male dolls just a small offering - I love that it includes the Delhi Velvet Coat because this is a versatile piece that everyone can wear, plus I've been wanting to get one for a while^
For me the first floor definitely drew me in with its quite defined theme with red, black and white pieces - the colours just pull my eye more than the designer-filled second floor, but that might just be personal preference.
I'll start with the accessories quickly just because nothing seemed to catch my attention particularly much apart from the Pretty High Heels, a quirky pair of shoes in a nice neutral pink and they're also in coins, so a great piece to fill a small space in your wardrobe.
The clothing is much more impressive - definitely made moreso by the abundance of Tribute and designer-styled pieces available! A lot of these pieces are older releases from the Plaza so it's more likely that they won't be owned than some of the newer Tributes. These aren't really everyday clothing pieces, so I find it hard to see them easily being worth their cost if I'm not going to be able to style them well with the rest of my clothes. The first dress that caught my attention was the Florette Gown on the first floor, the colour is maybe a little fluorescent but I love the shape and design of it, I think it's one of the easier to wear items here^ The next easy-to-wear piece would have to be the Gown Inspired By Alexander McQueen, because I've seen this worn a lot and it can be made use of as a skirt, so you'd get your monies worth there I'd think! I also like the inclusion of the top and trousers set in the Glitter Sheer Top and the Ivory Wide Legged Pants - however I think the shirt is priced too expensively for what it is (and it's a Royalty only item!) and I used to own the original of these trousers but found I was never really that interested in styling them, so I sold them a few weeks ago! I think they both could look good with great stylings though, so I will be on the lookout! So the main Tribute pieces, like the Christian Dior Couture Tribute Gown, isn't really too wearable a piece - in fact I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear it, sure there are special occasions, but I just don't think it's a piece that comes to the front of my mind when I think about dressing for them, maybe it's just had it's time!
Prices for this release range from 6 to 75SD's, and as expected the accessories are all pretty reasonably priced, it's just the Tribute pieces at the higher end. I think some of them are definitely a little pricey for what they are, and even if I was interested it would need a lot of thinking if I wanted t spend that price on the item. So maybe a little on the fence with pricing this collection sadly!

And now a few Styled Outfits! Firstly with the Delhi Velvet Coat, which has a great colour and shape - I went with my typical colour choices of black and white really, but they work. I also tried both trousers and a skirt, and both work equally well, now just to try some different colours with the red =)
And then the Pretty High Heels, the bargain of the collection^ I loved putting these looks together, especially getting into spring with the pastel colours, I really wanna wear these combinations again!

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone know the original brand of the Florette Gown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think perhaps VOILE? Not 100% sure though, sorry!

      Delete