f

Saturday 19 September 2020

August V I N Y L | Styled Outfits

I have to say, August wasn't a great month with the VINYL releases for me! I didn't like too many of the windows we got, and in the end I only bought 2 pieces - which surprised me, but has kept my SD balance pretty happy, haha =D There are a couple of items I have my eye on in the Plaza still, the Yellow Oversize Shirt and Pocket Skirt are really growing on me and there's a few pairs of boots I might still think about picking up.
So first up a feature, this look is from prinsestkm1 styling the Overseize Jacket which came in a co-ord set with some matching trousers. I like the versatility of these pieces as they really don't need to be worn together at all and work well with a range of other style and items, like in this look! The white layering beneath with the top and the tulle skirt really makes the jacket design stand out in the styling, especially against the similar colour of trousers - but the tweed-print design is fantastic in there, I love the use of the skirt and trouser pairing, the tulle of the skirt does well to show off the trousers beneath. The accessories are fun too, the trainers and socks combination is cute and I love the duo of dinky bags^

And then for my stylings - I've just put together one look for each piece, but I'm sure I will revisit these pieces over the next several weeks as I think they're both great for Autumnal styles =) First up the Long Strap Handbag is very up my street with it's Chloe-inspired style and I love it so much! The colour pairs very nicely with some of my favourite Autumn pieces like this top and shoes combination, just so perfect together, they really were made for each other^ I kept with a neutral trouser for the look, this off-white works well as I found bright white pieces were a little too bright for the more Autumnal vibe I was going for. And I accessorised simply with an earring, I think I could have also added a necklace for more impact in the jewellery department, but overall I'm really pleased with this styling. Secondly I got the Baby Blue Dream Skirt which is also a cute piece. It is definitely a lot more low-cut than I'm remembering when I first bought it at its release, which is maybe why I've not seen anyone styling it! I still really like the colour and design, but re-sizing/shaping to work for me made it a little tricky to style in the end. I did find a couple of ways to style it, and chose this one to share as I think it's a great Summer to Autumn transition look. The white-blue pairing is a classic one and will work most times, I'm really loving the structure and oversizing of the jacket with the lightness in the design of the skirt. I added a top into the neckline of the jacket as I didn't have a good necklace to include, and I kept the accessories minimal in blue and white. I did try out just about every blue bag and pair of shoes that are in my wardrobe, but the colours just were never right with the skirt, so I'm on the hunt for some perfectly matching blue accessories =D

No comments:

Post a Comment