f

Wednesday 18 December 2019

I N S P I R E D B Y R I C K O W E N S | TRIBUTE Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Our next Tribute of the season is Rick Owens - this isn't a brand or designer that I really follow, but from what I've seen in the past, I know this isn't my sort of thing, and the lack of review of this Tribute release confirms that this time around too. So just a brief post on this Tribute store, the styles are quite individual, and not so every-day wearable, which is my problem, but a couple of you guys have worked the pieces very nicely into wearable stylings! First up nly-nilay wearing the RO Geo Shimmer Jacket which is probably one of the most versatile pieces of the collection with more muted colours to it. I like the sleek black pieces underneath the jacket, the split skirt looks great. The accessories are minimal but still stand out, love the use of these new boots and also these golden triangle earrings, those are fab^
And then we have waiting styling the RO Messy Inside Blouse, which actually has a very nice colour to it^ The blouse is a little shapeless on it's own, so this look adds shape with this chunky belt, I love making the black work with the layered polo beneath and the leather gloves. This skirt is such a cute touch with the colourful hearts too, super cute!
I did make one purchase from the store, the RO Mummy Top which I thought could make some nice festive season looks. The colour is pretty nude, while it has a metallic touch it's not gold or silver which did make it a little challenging when starting out my stylings. First up something neutral with these black trousers, I liked the V of the waistline with the horizontal wrapping of the top. I leaned a little more towards silver with the accessories, I really like this bag with the look, the colours fit with the styling and the design is a current popular one. For the second styling something more fun with these snake-printed trousers - beyond that it gets a little boring with beige boots and a green bag, but I struggled to find the perfect accessories to finish this styling off the best way. It's not quite jazzy enough for the festive looks I was imagining, but I think there's potential there =)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete