f

Friday 21 June 2019

J E A N S | Save Or Sell

Following on from denim jackets last month, this time denim jeans - over my time on Stardoll I've been wearing jeans less and less, I very rarely wear it now unless it's quite a special pair, like the Pearl Beaded Loose Fit Denim jeans from Subcouture - those have a stand out quality that many pairs of jeans just don't for me. Despite all this I have over 40 pairs of 'Jeans' (as classified by the Wardrobe system) in my dolls possession ... baffling! Today I'm styling up 6 pairs, and really could come up with at least a few more 'parts' to the jeans series, but I'll save that for another time!

H O T B U Y S B O O T C U T D E N I M
While I did find a few pieces that work with this pair of jeans, I found the mid-rise style to be a little limiting - for me a high waist is the easiest to style. I like the dark wash of them, but the flared style can be a tricky one. It works well for pointed shoes, and these two pairs really stand out against the jeans which I like. Even though I like these looks, this pair are a S E L L for me as I think someone else will get more enjoyment from them than I do.

M E T A L L I C H A Y D E N J E A N S & S H R E D D E D L O W J E A N S
These two pairs are more 'special' jeans, the first have a silver sheen across them, while the second is covered in a ripped design. I found the metallic pair ok to style, they work well with other silver pieces and I really went all out there^ They look great with this silver top, and I like the dark overcoat to allow some balance. I didn't like styling the ripped pair - I wanted to really make a go of it, but I couldn't get into them. I think I can settle that this style isn't one for me. Both of these are a S E L L really, I can't imagine wearing them again.

H O T B U Y S H I G H W A I S T S L I M M O M J E A N S
& T W O T O N E K I C K F L A R E J E A N S
This pairing are the mid-wash tones - pretty classic for jeans but one that I don't particularly love. These both have interesting hem designs, the first pair are cropped which I don't mind, but I think I find the frilling and the bow detail a little tricky to work with, they're not neutral or classic which sometimes jeans need to be. While this look works for them, I certainly don't love it. The second pair have a two-toned design which I think is pretty cool and I've seen a few dolls style these really well, I think I just don't like them on my doll. Overall I do like this look and it works out nicely, but it's not one I feel like I want to repeat - so both of these pairs are going into the S E L L category. 

W I D E L E G S J E A N S
Ok so these ones, I'm kind of willing to give them a chance! I think that's all down to how cute this look is with the new Fever accessories, they really work well with the colour and shape of the jeans. This pair are high-waisted too, so definitely a style I find easier to work with. The denim wash is perfect for Summer, so maybe I will feel different about them come Winter, but they're really looking nice with light white tones. I've been quite casual overall but I want to try these out in a more dressy look as I think they will look great with some pointed heels - so these are a S A V E for the moment, at least one positive in this post^

No comments:

Post a Comment