f

Wednesday 12 June 2019

F E V E R | Release Review

A great Summer release to start the season off well - Fever! This is an annual release and always centres on summery styles - the advertising fits the bill but I don't think it necessarily highlights the best of the collection, this release really excited me and provided so much styling inspiration!
Highlights This is the usual one floor release and there are 7 looks to choose from - really quite a lot of pieces and a pretty fair range of styles and designs. I really just love this though as it's all based on Chloe and I really REALLY love Chloe, so I am quite content! It does however indicate that there won't be a Chloe Tribute this season, which I would love *hint* =D
Accessories It's really all about these bags, they're a dream! The Chloe Inspired Handbag is the more neutral of the two in tan, and it's a shoulder bag. The size is perfect and I like the little hanging strap detail. The Chloe Inspired Mini Bag is a more 'BAM here I am!' with it's rainbow colours, but that really still makes me love it! It's only a little smaller, but is a handheld bag with the long hanging strap - the colours are gorgeous, I think this one will be perfect through Autumn and Winter! Then there are 3 pairs of shoes - for me the Platform Espadrilles are pretty classic from the brand, very recognisable, and while I don't normally wear platforms, I bought these immediately purely for the inspiration^ I also bought the Feather Stiletto's, another out there piece, with pink and blue furry details and then mismatched colour strapping, but I kind of think they will be perfect in just the right look! And of course I need to mention the Rosie Sunglasses - I mean these were just meant for me! Pink ombre in colour and a great flattering shape, they look awesome on the doll and I'm quite surprised I've not seen more dolls styling them!
Clothing I'll start off by saying I don't love all of the clothes, some are just pieces that aren't for me, and some are just not my style, but as a whole collection I think the pieces work really well together - I'm impressed! It's really all about the separates for me with this collection. The tops are all super sweet, although do have a feminine edge to them with the design and colours. The Chloe Inspired T Shirt really pops, the tucked style is nice while the bright pink catches the eye - while it's not something I could style easily, I adore the logo design on the front, it's really something I like and makes it an iconic piece. For a more minimal style of course the Embroidered Top is perfect, it's a nice cream colour yet still has a cute design, I like the off-shoulder strap on one side and the crop design is good for summer dressing. In terms of bottomhalves, the Leaf Trousers are really the winners of the collection, they won't be for everyone (in fact I've not seen anyone else wear these yet!) but I think they really just look fun! The fit of them is great on the doll, and for me the colours are great on my doll with the tan skin tone. The colours also give the opportunity for many options for pairing as there's reds, browns, beiges and oranges in there! The Flared Pants are also nice, I like them as a piece, but not on my doll, for me they're too low slung on the hips, but they're a very nice pair of trousers, the neutral colours are great and I like the open hem on both legs. And lastly I want to discuss the deer print - I love the print completely, it's great and I've loved trying it in the May Hotbuys, but the Spotted Kimono and Bicycle Shorts are just not my style - trust me, I want to love them so badly, but it just doesn't work out for me this time!
Prices This release ranges from 9 to 26SD's, there are no SC pieces, but there are also no pieces for SS or Royalty only members which is great! This range is pretty much on par with the releases of the last few years.
Styled Outfits I really bought a lot from this release so I look forward to styling up more looks! First up the Leaf Trousers paired with the Leather Brown Belt, and with the use of the belt I wanted to keep the dark tone in the accessories so choose up some matching sandals and a bag which I'm happy with. I kept the top super neutral, this one is pretty stylish for something more plain in colour, I really like the open neckline in the styling. Secondly wearing both the Rosie Sunglasses and Feather Stiletto's, I tried out quite a few things with the shoes and really found dresses to work well with them, this time I chose something more minimal and in blue, but pink and even lilac pieces will look great too. The Sunglasses are a good pairing with the Stiletto's but I think I'm missing something else pink in the look, but I didn't have the perfect bag to include! And lastly the Platform Espadrilles and Chloe Inspired Handbag in a 'classic me' outfit of all white - but in my defence it looks perfect with the tan colouring of the pieces! It's a styling option I'll never get tired of, but I'm looking forward to trying out other white pieces with these tan accessories.

Features And a couple of stylings to share today - this first one is from ffggpoderosa wearing the Flared Pants in a much more casual way than I'd expected them working, and I love it! The colours of the outfit are great, so many neutral vibes, and the furry jacket is such a cute addition. The heels are fabulous, the perfect shoes for these trousers!
And secondly we have MissDark1990 wearing the Chloe Inspired Handbag and proving it works well with darker tones too, which I love! The tan overcoat is perfect with it, and the light tan of the bag really stands out well against the dark printing of the band tee, a really great combination to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment