f

Sunday 23 June 2019

A N T I D O T E | Release Review

Friday brought us our new release of Antidote - it was very much anticipated as Stardoll kinda told us it would come out at a certain time and it didn't appear until 5 hours later! However I do think it was worth the wait, for me, it's one of the best Antidote collections there has been and it sure seems others think so too as many pieces sold out super quick!
Highlights The store has 2 floors filled with 11 looks for the girls and 2 for the guys, with an eye catching mix of colours and designs. The store is a similar size to our last release, and slightly larger than some others in the past few years. Overall, I'm hugely impressed with this release, it's got some perfect styles to find my taste and I really think they've thought well about what to include this time around =) 
Accessories The release has a good mix of accessory pieces to choose from. Shoe-wise there are both trainers and sandals and they're all super versatile pieces - all really great for this Summer season. The Balenciaga Inspired Sneakers Women sold out in minutes. It's a popular style, and in just white, they're really an easy shoe to style in many ways. For me it's all about the sandals though, it was love at first sight with the Sphere Heel Mules, which have delicate white strapping across the foot then the coolest heel design of orange and lilac perspex spheres on the heels, it's so quirky, cute and current, they look amazing! And also the Strappy Leather Sandals, which are the black alternative. These have more a more detailed design, and also feature a wooden sphere on a navy heel -  that's what I love about these the most, that's such a cool colour design combination^
The release has 3 bags, they're all pretty current in style and design. I go on about orange all the time, so I was immediately adding the Jacquemus Inspired Bag to my shopping cart - what a stunning piece! I like the small size, hand held style and the cute little detail added in the strap. Then there is the Jacquemus Inspired Mini Rafia which is the dream Summer bag for many I'm sure! I love a straw bag and this one calls all the shots with the fringed detail. I also love that this is pretty dinky, the small size really does make it easier to wear. And there are a few extras to choose from too, like the Biege Cap and the cool mismatched pair of Jacquemus Inspired Earrings - those are definitely fun and seem very popular so far!
Clothing So much clothing! There does seem to be a divide between minimal styles and 'other' or the slightly more out there pieces, like the Moss Dress in a bright pink and mini length, and the Iridescent Coat which has such funky colours and is in a nicely wearable open style. The minimal pieces are much more 'me' and generally are much more versatile to style. Starting with dresses, there are a few to choose from. The White Button Up Shirt and the Shirt Dress fall into the same category, both are white toned, while the first is more a box fit with short sleeves and the second has some very cool tailoring. I really fell for the Orange Organza Dress, it's a stunning mix of colours in a beautiful fit, sadly the colours don't work well worn on my doll, but I can still dream and lust over it^ There are quite a few jackets in the collection and naturally I'm attracted to the white pieces - the Structured Jacket White which has an overall square shape but is then fitted slim at the waist, then the White Suit Jacket which has a looser fit on the body. Some will say these are almost identical, but I love the different features each of them has. Contrasting, there is also the Structured Jeans Jacket in black washed denim, it's super oversized in the body and sleeves and has a long length, so could look great as a dress on it's own too.
There are a few tops to mention, firstly the Structured T Shirt which sold out super fast! This is a simple white tee but with a cropped design and classic large t-shirt sleeves which go to around the elbow - I kind of regret not getting this as I had the chance, but it didn't look so good on the app as it does on the doll! The shirt I did pick up however was the Structured Pink Shirt and I really love it =D It's an oversized piece which is very long, but I love that it's only done up half way at the top, a V hem instead of a V neck as such - it's really quite attractive and I'm excited to play with this one in stylings. And I was kind of saving the best until last ... the trousers! I bought all of the Structured White Pants, Structured Pants Beige and Structured Pants Pink because I really would have been having major regrets only buying one or two. These have such a beautiful fit on the doll, they're high waisted with a slight crop on the length, and I love the straight leg design rather than being skinny or fitted snugly, plus there's a pretty pleating down the front too, I mean just such a stunning trouser design and the fact that there's multiple colours in a bonus for me. These really will be such easy to style pieces and I'm so stoked about them =)
Prices This release ranges from 18 to 105SD's, but really there are only a few pieces near the top end. As it is Antidote, it is SS-limited, and it is also limited in the number of items of each piece - while I can't speak for all the pieces, the pieces I bought seem to be limited to 500 or 600 each.
Features We plan to do a separate styling post, so now moving onto the features! The first one is from leiona_- wearing both the Structured Jeans Jacket and the Jacquemus Inspired Mini Rafia which look fab together. I love the cream silk trousers, they make a great contrast for the style of the dark denim, but are also very nicely themed with the bag. I love the earrings as the accessory for this look, really stand out!
Marta32222 is going pretty glam with the Structured T Shirt, I love this twist to a casual piece. The skirting is cool with the print and I think the chain jewellery ties the pieces together pretty well. I really love this as inspiration for combining two completely different styles and really looking awesome with it!
This next look is from Mayly1968, also using the Structured T Shirt but pairing it with the Structured White Pants for a perfect pair! This is my sort of look, especially with the very cool blue-hued sunglasses added, it really is for me^ The heels look great and I think the pieces really speak for themselves.
Then we have ohmonica styling the Structured Pink Shirt and the Jacquemus Inspired Bag together - a completely awesome colour combination^ The white skirt makes a good balance for them, and the floral sock boots are pretty good, they're perfect with the bag while the pinks still work out together. Also loving the slicked back hairstyling =)
The penultimate feature, Pinki60er wearing the Dress Blazer Onepiece in a very cool layered look. The look really stood out with the use of neon, that base really highlights the dress design. I also love the shirt layered too, it adds a lighter touch and breaks up the colour of the dress and the socks, plus it helps highlight the design of the socks which is pretty fun too^
And the final feature, turkiye wearing many pieces - the Biege CapWhite Suit Jacket, White Belt Bag, and the Balenciaga Inspired Sneakers Women! The pieces go well together, and the hat is such a great accessory to pair with these tan Gucci trousers, I really love that balance with the white. The other accessories are perfect too, I love all of the different bag pieces used and the golden DKNY jewellery is a fab finishing touch =)

No comments:

Post a Comment