f

Tuesday 9 April 2019

V for Victory

I'm still pretty thrilled with Antidote so here's a more sophisticated offering, this time using the preppy deep-v crossover sweater.


I love a good deep-V. There's something romantic and waifish even though the majority of this look is a bit tweedy.  As always, the contrast of bare skin versus a stiff and old fashioned fabric is key. The oversized quality of the sweater contributes to this too - it's kind of like a dark academia version of a prep-girl stealing her jock boyfriend's jacket. I'd love a slight off the shoulder for a hint of mischief but I'll settle for a swathe of decollete. 

I was going to lean more into the gold of the embroidered pocket crest but I actually preferred the deep, semi-precious blue as an unexpected element of brevity. It gives a pop without compromising the relative simplicity of the look. 

Ingredients | You Will Need

Open V Sweater Woman | Antidote
Houndstooth Pencil Skirt | Decades
Circle Chain Necklace | Nelly.com
Blue Crossbody Bag | Royalty
Dior Tribute Red Carpet Stilettos | Special Offer
Flashback Shoes | Nelly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment