f

Saturday 20 April 2019

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

Super exciting to have a brand new LE release yesterday! We got the spoilers on Thursday which was great to prepare myself for the potential rush to buy the things I liked =) The advertising looks great, I love the minimal vibes with simple designs in great colours, and the background design looks pretty good too!
Highlights With this release we got 2 floors with 8 looks for the girls and 1 look for the guys. I do think this collection feels quite small compared to been some previous ones, but there is a mix of styles and trends available, so I'm sure everyone will find something that suits them.
Accessories The accessory game is pretty strong in this release, there's many different pieces and they really pull your eye in all directions, this is so great - I'm all about the accessories! There are just 2 pairs of shoes in the release, but they give you choice and actually both pairs seem to work well with all of the outfits - if boots are your thing there are the Flower Ankle Booties, a sock boot style with a bright print on them which have been super popular, or you can go for the High Heels Crystal which I am really loving, they're a super glamorous sandal with fabulous understated glamour^ For bags, there is so much amazing choice! 4 pieces in a range of styles and colours, I think something for everyone ... or all for some people, I am guilty of loving them all^ All of them are definitely on the smaller side of size, which reflects popular trends, I'm super happy about this as I find this the perfect styleable size =) There are 2 choices in black, the Jacquemus Inspired Belt Bag and the Small Clutch Bag, both minimal designs with just the logos, and pretty easy to style pieces. Then in colour there is the Jacquemus Inspired Red Bag (it's exactly what the name suggests^) which is a dinky handheld piece, and then the Crossbody Blue Bag, which is essentially the black one but on a body strap, I adore the colour of this one, I'm not fussed about the logo detail, but the colour wins completely, plus love a good crossbody! Then there are the extra pieces, the Code Belt and Chrystal Belt are versatile options for belts, and there is also jewellery with the Crystal Feather Earrings and the Leather Choker. I am also pretty thrilled by the Plein Sunglasses, these look so cool! There's still many pairs left in the Plaza too^
Clothing I didn't feel like there was tons of clothing in this release - a little of a good thing, I'm sure I would have gone overboard! But really some great classic designs and pieces included. There are 5 dresses in the store, really in a wide range of colours and styles. I am immediately attracted to the orange tones in the Jacquemus Inspired Yellow Dress with it's strappy off shoulder design and ruffling around the skirting, and the Halter Lurex Gown with it's glitter and cowl neckline. While the Crystal Net Mock Dress isn't so much my thing, I can see the versatility in it, it's a bodycon piece which shimmers, very clearly going to be a popular one! There is also a skirt available, the Tassel Skirt which I think has so much potential, it's completely covered in fringing and is in a versatile black, but I'm not sure how wearable it will end up being - I'm looking forward to seeing your styles with it! I love the idea of the Pink Lace Top, but the colour doesn't quite suit my doll, it's quite bright for the rest of the collection, so doesn't fit so much, I think it needs something matching for pairing. What does come as a pair are the Floral Knit Top and Cardigan in a super cute purple knit design with little flowers, they're quite a contrast to the rest of the styles in the shop, but they're current trends and I think will both go down well either worn separately or together. And the final piece to mention is the Oversize White Coat, a light summer piece that I really thought would have sold out fast, but there's still some available! For being oversized, it's reasonably fitted to the doll, but the fabric looks stunning and super light. I'm someone who wears white a lot, so for me this is an easy piece to work with =)
Prices This release ranges from 30 to 170SD's, I did find this time it seemed a little pricey, the accessory prices started out a little higher, and there were quite a few clothing items priced over 100SD. As it's LE, this collection was SS and Royalty limited, and limited in number of items too, but there's still quite a few remaining in the Plaza now!
Features There are a huge number of features today, so I'm keeping my stylings back for something special next week and highlighting how cool you guys are working this release! So first up aangel_ styling the Jacquemus Inspired Yellow Dress, it's a minimal styling but with perfect accessories, this dress totally doesn't need anymore. The orange boots pop and work very nicely with the orange touches on the belt and the burnt yellow earrings - I can see these earrings paired with the dress will be a popular combination^
Wearing the very cool Plein Sunglasses is ajenkam in a current street style look really rocking those biker shorts! This style is perfect for the sunglasses, they fit right in and they really come across with a lilac hint paired with this fabulous top and the lilac in the clutch bag. I'm so glad someone loves them alongside me =)
I love matching, and Andre1396 does that perfectly with the Flower Ankle Booties paired with this matching midi split leg dress, perfect styles together! The Jacquemus Inspired Belt Bag is also included and looks great with this belting combination, the colours and styles work well together and are very complementary to the outfit!
All about the lavender in the next styling from hip.hop.2000 wearing both the Floral Knit Top and Cardigan, adorable together and super stylish with these sheeny trousers, the colours and styles are great! I love the twist with the accessories, the mauve of the bag is fun and the mint of the shoes is a great fit, I love it =D
Back to brights with this next styling featuring the Halter Lurex Gown worn by marta32222 in such a super creative way! It looks fab layered with this black lace piece on top, and I adore the blazer sizing and shoulder combination, plus the colours are perfect with the dress, as is that of the bag, it's fabulous here^
Now for a few looks which are all about the sparkles with the Chrystal Belt and Crystal Feather Earrings - this first look is from mertocuk and the jewels just pop beautifully against the baby blue of this top, total perfection! The white trousers add a minimal yet stylish touch and I love the matching of the Chanel bag with the top, perfect minimal for these pieces!
Also with the Chrystal Belt and Crystal Feather Earrings, and in addition the Crystal Net Mock Dress which the next few looks will also include, is a styling from AURA. looking on top form! I love the dress worn layered up with these trousers, the tones are perfect together and the styles are great with the glitzy jewels. The fuzzy blue cardigan is a super fun addition, completely right for the room =)
We all know I love yellow, now I love it paired with navy thanks to CuteDolla in this wonderful styling with the Crossbody Blue Bag, I'm blown away with how perfect this is! The colours are great together and the blazer looks fab, and of course this also layers the Crystal Net Mock Dress, which works nicely with both the light and dark tones of the look =D

And lastly with the Crystal Net Mock Dress is this styling from Mh91, I adore the feminine pink hue to this look^ The dress is layered very nicely with this silk split leg piece and fills the split perfectly, it really looks like a seamless pairing. The frilled coat is sweet and the minimal accessories are great additions to the look. The hair and beauty is also stunning^
And going from pale pink to a bolder pink in the next styling from SoMillie wearing the Jacquemus Inspired Red Bag which looks fab with these pink trousers! This is a bold colour combination, but it completely works and it grabs your attention. Love the bag paired with this top and the matte red lip, and perfect with these heels too - a full on styling!
And now for the final pair of stylings, both making use of the Small Clutch Bag which I think might become 'versatile bag of the season' for sure! This first look is from Jacquemus (who this release was clearly made for, haha^) styling the bag super minimally yet perfectly with all black and white. I love the look of the high halterneck style, it pairs well with the ripped hem jeans, and the lace sleeves are the perfect eyecatching addition for this styling =)
And secondly with the Small Clutch Bag is vuitton_ styling up something very street style, it really pops out against the grey and neons! The bag looks great, I love the contrast in size with the tiny bag and the oversized puffy coat, it really works nicely. The trousers give a good base for the bag and the little touches of neon are just right and aren't overpowering =D

No comments:

Post a Comment