f

Monday 8 April 2019

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | April 2018

Here we are revisiting the April 2018 Hotbuys - I can't believe these pieces were only a year ago, I feel like I've had some of them for such a long time! I have to say, I do think this has been one of the most successful sets of HBs for me, I wear several of these pieces pretty regularly, they're easy to style and are pieces I love coming back to. So they really were worth their money and I'm so glad to have them! The shoes were both clear winners for me, and the Velvet Tote in that adorable shape and colour is just dreamy^ Saying that, it means it's tricky to choose lesser-worn pieces to style up today, however I just purchased the Yellow Striped Bag in the Bazaar this week, so I'm styling that up, and also the White Shirt Skirt which is probably the least styled of all the pieces:
I really love these looks! I think they're pretty fresh styles for me (ok, all white is a 'usual' for me, but it's still looking fresh^) and they complement each other well and the HBs that I'm specifically styling. The bag has so many different components on it that can be drawn from and I did try out both black and white and the orange before settling on the yellow - I think I made it a little easy this way, blue would be super fun but I didn't quite have something the right shade, so I need to make this one more challenging! The bag still pops in the look and it's a pretty decent everyday styling. Nothing specific pops out in the second look - everything is white! But I'm loving these boots with the skirt, I'll be repeating that for sure. I think I've styled this shirt with the skirt before but it looks awesome again. I definitely went all out on accessories, a bag, sunglasses and earrings, who have I become?! Haha! But I think these pieces worked, I like the silver in the bag and earrings, it definitely lifts the styling from just being matte white^

No comments:

Post a Comment