f

Sunday 14 April 2019

A N T I D O T E | Release Review

Exciting last weekend to have a brand new Antidote release! It's been quite a few months since our last one so it's fun to see what this new release brings - the advertising looks very futuristic with the blue meshing in the background and the different fabrics and styles worn by the models, lets see how it looks overall =D
Highlights This release is 2 floors filled with looks - 9 for the girls and 3 for the guys, with quite a few pieces made for both or made similarly, which is fun. The overall style isn't so much my thing with this release, quite street, there's some grunge vibes there, but actually looking individually I think the pieces work out much better and I feel there's great choice!
Accessories The store has a lot of accessories, although focuses on the shoes and bags, there's no jewellery with this release! There are 4 pairs of shoes which are evenly split between boots and heels - initially I didn't really find myself loving any of them, but after seeing them styled up, I have some regrets over not buying^ The boots are the Mesh Black Boots which are a stiletto heel and pointed toe with an over knee design in a sheer gathered fabric, at first glance I didn't think they were my style at all, but people have been super creative with them and so I'm totally missing out on these! There are also the Sparkly High Boots which are all about the glitter, they're blue with a black wrap design, the colours are fab, they're very 'extra'! For the heels I'm not so much a fan of the Skull Pumps, they're just a plain black patent shoe but with skulls on the heel, and then there are the Lace Blue Sandals which I'm still on the fence about, luckily there are still some left in store! I love the colour of them and the design is perfect for summer, I'm just not sure about the darker heel or how I would wear them. There are 5 bags in the store with a great mix of colours to pick from - for me 3 of them are complete winners! Absolutely adore the Antidote Saddle Bag, I love my HB version one, so this belt bag version is the perfect addition to my collection. The mauve colour is beautiful, I'm so excited about this bag! And if you've been reading the blog for any length of time you will know my obsession with yellow, so of course I'm all over the Mini Yellow Bag too, isn't it just the sweetest piece?! Love the colour, size and design, it's minimal so I think it will be very easy to style. And lastly I really like the Cage Handbag which is a cross body piece which is essentially as described, it's a cage! It looks kind of like a perspex box bag, and I sat on the fence for too long with this one so sadly it sold out, but it's an amazing piece =)
Clothing There are so many clothes in the store, and such a range of styles and colours to choose from. There are some super cute baby blue pieces for Spring, the Mesh Baby Blue Mini and the Blue Ribbed Sweater, love the sleeve and shoulder designs on these pieces. Also for Spring I'm loving the Puff Sleaves Top, it's adorable, again with a great shoulder and sleeve design, love the puffed sleeves and the bow detailing on the front - I want more pieces like this! There are a few green tones in the store, with the Green Trench Coat really standing out, I like the sheeny-ness the fabric has and again a great off-shoulder style. This one could work well as either a coat or a dress, it's definitely open for some creativity. The Silver Fringe Blazer Dress could also be a coat or a dress, it's a smart piece with a cool structure but fun detailing in the silver fringing off one side of the hem - I love that this piece isn't too expensive, and there's still some in the Plaza! And lastly I want to mention the two open sweaters, which come for both guys and girls - the Open V Sweater Woman is an oversized piece with a long length and long sleeves, it's got a deep V with a black trim while the body of the sweater is a grey knit, the fit is super relaxed and it looks pretty good on. And then the Silver Mesh Sweater Woman, which is a sheer based piece and also a little oversized. It's got a black trim and the body has a very cool silver mesh pattern, it really stands out and is such a unique piece^
Prices This release ranges from 34 to 99SD's, there really is only one piece at the top of the range, and I found everything to be very reasonably priced for what the pieces were. As always with Antidote, it was a limited release and is available for SS and Royalty members only.
Styled Outfits I don't normally find a lot with Antidote, but it's definitely been becoming more my style in recent years compared with the early years, I found quite a few pieces that I really loved! First up the Puff Sleaves Top which I just think is so cute - it's not quite white, so I've not gone for an all-white look, but I love these brown tones with it, I spent a long time choosing accessories, because so many looked cute, so I'm excited to style this more^ Secondly the Antidote Saddle Bag, which I knew for my first look I wanted to wear white, I did find quite a few other pieces that looked so good with this bag, so stay tuned for more cute looks^ I kept the whole look super neutral with the white dress and sandals - I did mean to pick out sunglasses but I forgot before taking the picture, oops! And finally the Mini Yellow Bag and of course I made all of my accessories a matching yellow, it's amazing^ I didn't think this dress would be my final choice when I pulled it out, but I love the nude against the yellow, it's a great surprise - I'm super in love with this styling! And the whole set of 3 actually, really love the looks, perfect for Spring, but totally not reflecting the vibe of the release, haha =)
Features Everyone seems to have been loving this release, there are so many looks to share! Firstly a couple with the Mesh White Bodysuit, and firstly styled by momo-stardoll10 who layers is up super cool with this lilac sheeny jacket, I love that combination^ The low slung trousers look really good too and show off more of the design of the Bodysuit, accessories are so perfect, love the bag and all of the jewels added =)
And also wearing the Mesh White Bodysuit, and including the Combo Trench Coat and the Cage Handbag, and also the Mesh Black Boots, is DiaryOfDreams - everything looks fab together^ The green of the jacket is a perfect base for the bag to really stand out on, and the meshing is great underneath. Love the mixed denim skirt used, that pop of blue looks great and it's just the right amount so it doesn't pull too much attention from the new pieces^ Love the accessories added too, the belt especially!
Also styling up both the Cage Handbag and the Mesh Black Boots is Marta-43 looking super stunning and really quite Chanel-esque^ This velvet green slouch styled dress is beautiful on it's own, but it's super perfect with these piece, such a dream with the boots, I'm now feeling disappointed I didn't buy them! The bag stands out nicely against the green but manages to look pretty delicate and dainty. The earrings of course are standout, a perfect accessory to finish the styling =)
So next up is Marta32222, who gets two features in this post - here styling the Silver String Skirt paired with the Silver Buckle Top which is creatively worn as a one-shoulder piece and looks pretty cool! The pieces naturally look great together, but this Top is looking amazing worn like this, it layers pretty perfectly with the leather piece underneath and I love the rest of the leathery additions in the gloves, skirting and boots - looking very sleek and cool!
I spotted two stylings with the Silver Mesh Sweater Woman, a piece I really umm'd and ahh'd about for a while about buying! On the left we have hlnnax, choosing a super cute short and boot combination, this is great for the current season. I like the meshed layer underneath, it works as a perfect coverup for the piece, and the belted bag is great to add to that space - it's looking super wearable! Then on the right we have another styling from Marta32222 who dresses it up a little more with these sparkly sheer trousers. The layering underneath is also sheer, I love this piece with it as its detailing fits well with the blouse style. The boots look super cool too, and I love the bag and earrings, perfect accessories for dressing this piece up =)
Next up we have turkiye styling the Sparkly High Boots - and can I just say, this lavender hair is absolutely stunning, such a beautiful colour and style and perfect on this doll and in this look =) The Boots really do stand out in this look, the navy sheer base of the top is complementary and the cool design of the skirt really does make your eye look down at the sparkling piece^ The accessories are spot on for this, those blue glasses and silver earrings are on point =D
Something a little lighter, Mh91 wearing the Puff Sleaves Top in this very stylish Spring way^ It looks great with these looser slightly cropped trousers, the space at the waist isn't too much and the belt bag definitely draws your attention away from it too, it's a perfect accessory in this styling. I was most surprised by these boots, they look fantastic and I want to buy them immediately, they're the Royalty Mile High Waisted Boots, totally unexpected! Overall amazing accessorising, love the necklace and the bag in particular^
And finally dddirnenos being super cute with a pop of yellow with the Mini Yellow Bag, it's perfection with all these cream tones and the pops of black! I love this clothing combination for a start, the skirting looks amazing and the gathering detail at the waist is very elegant, the shirt combinations are fun, love the puffed sleeves and the ruffling on this halterneck piece. The black boots and belt stand out and work well for the look and the bag is a perfect piece to add on the belt and give a great pop of colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment