f

Wednesday 24 April 2019

I T G I R L S | Release Review

A brand new It Girls arrived in the Plaza, and I'm excited (as usual^) - we can always rely on this store to have some great pieces for the current season! So lets get inside and take a look =)
Highlights This is the usual size of release for the It Girls store with clothes and accessories, I have to say at first glance nothing really jumps out immediately, the colour palette is quite muted with this release, but of course I'm going to dive in deeper =) *Note there are a couple of pieces over on the next floor*
Accessories I definitely think the accessories win over the clothes with this release, they're pretty spot on in terms of current trends and they're pieces that are wearable on our dolls. There are 2 pairs of shoes perfect for Spring and Summer, the Transparent Vinyl Straps shoes and the Leather Sandals, I'm loving the Transparent pair, these will be super fun with a lot of styles! There are 3 bags and all are pretty great, the Printed PU Bag fits with the transparent theme, the burgundy colour and the magazine inside are such great touches. Then there is the Net Bag, which is completely on trend, I like that it's a darker brown tone, it really stands out, but of course I will take this style and paired straw bags in any tone^ And lastly the Raffie Flower Basket which is adorable, the straw style is another one which is perfect right now, and the flowers are sweet, but it would be nice to have a straw bag option which doesn't include flowers as quite a few of these in the past also have flowers included. There is just one other piece, the Marble Earrings which look super stylish, I love the burnt orange colour and they've got a nice shape and design. They definitely stand out on the doll but are fitting at the same time, they don't draw all the attention unless you make them, which works well for me^
Clothing For the clothing, I think it's a little mixed, definitely not my favourite It Girls release. At first glances, my eyes go to the lilac Long Purple It Dress, the colour is beautiful and I love the bodycon fit with the long length and long sleeves, but I'm not so much a fan of the strapping around the chest. While I normally love an oversized coat, the Oversize Trench in either Beige nor Green really appeal to me, I think their style isn't quite there and they don't look so good on my doll for the vibe I would want. The tops in the release however are pretty good, I really love the Gathered Top White, it's super sweet and looks a perfect Spring piece in a soft light fabric and a pale colour. I love the V neck design with the gathering and ties, but it's done very well and isn't too revealing. Also very much enjoying the Silk Gathered Top Red and Beige, these are perfect for summer, I love the tied spaghetti straps and the ruched detailing along with the beautiful silk texture - excited to style these in Summer!
Prices This release ranged from 9 to 19SD's which seems pretty average, there are also a couple of pieces available in SC's. And no pieces are SS or Royalty only.
Styled Outfits I'm loving the Spring style vibes that these pieces bring to my stylings! First up pairing the Gathered Top White and the Raffie Flower Basket which are super cute together, especially paired with these beige trousers, perfectly complementary for both items. I kept neutral in the shoes and glasses and I think it's successful in letting these new pieces shine. Secondly pairing the Printed PU Bag and the Transparent Vinyl Straps together, not so Spring with the deep burgundy trousers, but these are a great colour with the bag design. The white shirt adds a smarter touch, and works well with the transparent features. And finally the Net Bag, which pops amazingly with these white jeans, and any white really, so I can see it will be easy to style in light summer looks^ I've gone with matching sandals, which are a super cute pairing, and a light sweater, perfect for Spring =)
Features And so many features to share today, you guys loved this one! First up FREIHEIT1993 wearing both the Gathered Top White and Printed PU Bag, I love both pieces so much with these yellow trousers, that's a winning combination! The red blazer on top works well to pari with the bag and also means the darker sandals don't look out of place. Also loving these round design earrings, they're a super cool addition^
Also wearing the Printed PU Bag but this time paired with the Silk Gathered Top Red is a look from anaritamiranda which is very city summer chic^ It's cool to have them with the checked trousers, a bit lighter than black but still looking pretty smart. These burgundy sandals are a fab choice, really perfect for the look, and I love the use of the jewels at the waistline =)
This styling from somonica also features the Silk Gathered Top Red but in a very Spring styling. The top layers very nicely with this thin polo, and detail is added with those sleeves. The red pops paired with these ankle booties and the bag, it looks great against the dark denim skirt!
RiManiKordenty is doing a cool layering look with both the Cargo Denim Shorts and the Distressed Jeans, it looks fab! These were pieces I really didn't like so much on my doll, but they look great in this styling. The white shirt is a nice minimal pairing, so focus is on the pieces. Love the matching pale blue accessories, the bag and sandals are perfect^
And in the final feature turkiye styles up the Long Purple It Dress in a look that's making me want to buy the piece^ It looks great here with the silver boots and all the jewels added at the neckline really don't make you notice the details that I wasn't so fond of. The bag is perfection in the look, I love it here so much, as with the earrings and sunglasses - perfect accessorising completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment