f

Tuesday 12 July 2022

G R E E N B O O T B A T T L E | Styled Outfits

I thought the Green Snake Boots from our latest PEARLS release were quite fabulous and wanted to try them out, but they really reminded me that we had another similar pair of boots not that long ago, the Green Snakesking Highheel from Vinyl - the perfect opportunity to see how they compare against each other! I found that both pairs seemed to work well with a lot of the same items of clothing, and for a Summer styling white looked amazing with the both of them and offers almost endless possibilities. What I struggled with more was finding accessories to match the shades of green well, so that was definitely a limiting factor for both pairs, but means I just need to take a look in the Plaza or Bazaar to find some more options. First are the Green Snake Boots which I tried to find an accessory to match before picking the clothes - whilst not a perfect match, I was quite pleased with how this scarf-strap bag looked with the boots and there is a little dark green in the scarf too. With the zig-zag white pattern across the body of the bag I knew immediately I wanted to pair my black and white Balenciaga top in the look which led to the easy choice of white for the other pieces. These trousers and the blazer make for a smart styling and I think that suits the style of the boots very nicely. For a Summer look I don't think the black is too overwhelming and the green pops nicely. Then are the Green Snakesking Highheel which are in a much lighter shade and perhaps the more obvious choice for Spring/Summer. I wanted to try out other green with these so gave these dark culottes a go - I do think they work well with the boots and the two greens are very nice together, but it's a little dark for a Summer outfit. I lightened with a cream blouse, this works well and the sleeves do add some nice detailing. Again accessorising was a struggle, I do like this light bag with both the boots and trousers and I think it goes with the outfit, but it really was my only choice - some light green glasses may have been the perfect final touch for this one! I think these boots do have very good potential though, just perhaps not in this styling.

No comments:

Post a Comment