f

Saturday 2 July 2022

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

I was pretty excited at the prospect of a new LIMITED EDITION release a few weeks ago, it's been a while and we're ready for a fresh collection! We were told about the release the day before, and on the day itself a few spoilers were released of a couple of the looks - from those I wasn't too hopeful that this collection would suit me, but I kept an open mind and I'm glad I did. Let's get on and take a look at the 48th LE collection:
I am really quite impressed with this collection - to start with, no, the overall vibe of the collection is not hugely my style, but this collection covers 4 floors and they're all pretty packed with looks. It's great to see a large collection back again after a long time. Whilst the looks presented on the mannequins in the store aren't my style, it's all about looking at pieces individually, because when I do that I see a number of great items in this collection - I'm pretty excited about it^ There are 19 looks for female dolls and 2 for males, these are just re-makes of some of the female pieces, so really there could have been a few additional mannequins with more pieces included. Getting to the accessories first! There are 9 pairs of shoes on offer, which is a lot for one collection and I love it. All are heeled pairs and there are a mix of shoes/sandals and boots. The boots definitely seem more Autumn/Winter, particularly as most of them are black. I'm quite a fan of both the Cut Out Boots with their legs covered in gold eyelets, and the Fanged Boots with their very cool golden fang heel and little golden fangs all over the leg. Both pairs seem pretty wearable and will stand out well in a more neutral styling showing off those details. The Gold Long Boots are definitely a stand out shoe! I like the shade of gold and their texture, plus the over the knee style, however that platform is huuuuge, which is something that really makes me not want to buy them, but I'm sure the style suits some of you well. The platform on the Leather Belted Boots is much kinder, these are quite a pretty boot, but my reservation about these is that there's a lot of detail up the leg which you wouldn't want to hide with clothing, but it means clothing is restricted to something quite short or perhaps a skintight trousers which feels a little limiting for me. The last pair of boots to mention is the Long Ripped Jeans Boots which I think are pretty cute, I like the idea of the denim and I think the style is a nice versatile one that will work well for a lot of people. Onto the heels/sandals, the matching Black Heels and Gold Heels (although these are definitely yellow to me) stand out - they're sleek shoes and a perfect versatile style for Summer. And lastly are the Neon Transparent Heels which really pop in the store. I love their mule style and the gem strap across the foot, the neon colour definitely adds an extra fun touch to them. Despite being neon I think these will be easy to style and a popular choice. There are only 2 bags in the collection, however they're both pretty nice ones. The Two Tigers Bag stood out to me first, I'm completely sold on the black with gold details. I also love that the long strap is gathered and held in the hand, that's a nice design element to the piece along with the croc leather to the body of the bag, it feels like it's been a long time since we've had something with this texture. Then is the Gold Chain Purse which is another quite neutral piece, the body of the bag is a checkerboard with black, white and grey squares and the chunky gold handle really pops. I think this looks nice as a piece held more like a clutch, but I would love an option to have it over the shoulder too. The final piece to mention in the accessories is the Pearl Necklace, the only jewellery item the store has, I'm just a little disappointed that it's a beauty parlor piece as it may get forgotten about, but it's still a lovely piece, I like the close fit to the neck and I think the chunky pearls really stand out nicely.
Now for the clothing. The first floor of the store stands out with the clear black and gold theme - I really like that as I love a theme and I think these outfits and pieces all look great together. The styles aren't so much my thing as everything is a little skimpy. The Black Bodysuit looks pretty great and is definitely a more classic style than the other pieces, I like the combination of the smart blazer style with the bodysuit design. The Tulle Net Dress also really stands out on this floor, the design is so intricate, and even though it's not something I would wear, I can really appreciate that it's a beautiful piece and I look forward to seeing others wear it! The Gold Strings Mini Dress and the Strapped Mini Dress remind me of older styles of LE pieces, so again although I wouldn't wear them, I like seeing designs like that included. The Chain Link Puffer is a fun piece, and actually I don't mind the puffer-jacket style with the black sheen against the chains around the edges, but it's quite an oversized piece and find it swamps my doll a little. I've not seen anyone wear this yet so would love to see someone try it out^ The other three floors are a little less dark and bring some splashes of colour to the collection, there's plenty of places for your eyes to look here. Greens and blues seem to be a little of a running theme across the floors, and I really like these pieces. First up are the Feather Green Pants (still available if you want to buy them!) which I think are fabulous! They won't be to everyones taste, but I really like them, they're a unique design and they fit the doll well, plus the colour is stand out. The Lace Jumpsuit also brings bold in green, I think the idea of green lace is fun and the piece has a retro vibe to it - for me I'd love this more as a separate blouse and trouser set as I'd wear each piece separately rather than together. The Sequined Tie Shirt is definitely a more wearable green piece, the colour is a little more muted but still bold and the fit of this piece is lovely on the doll, I really like the open neckline and the waist tie along with the more fitted style. And then there are some dresses on offer too which I think are pretty special pieces. The Organic Fishnet Dress is beautiful, the colour is more muted than the other green pieces and the net detailing is fantastic. And then there is the Feather Mini Dress which just looks amazing, I love this a lot and it's still available to buy so I'm very tempted. The blue and green feathers are mixed with silver sequins in the top half of the piece, it just looks stunning! There are a number of other stand-out dresses in the store and I like the range of themes and colours to them, there really is something for everyone. The Cut Out Zebra Dress is a little more of a risque piece but I like the glitter on it and I can see it will be popular with some dolls. Much more my taste is the Starry Dress in such pretty pink tones. Style-wise this is much more modest with a high neck and long sleeves - but look at that shoulder puff, it's fabulous and I love the draping stars all around the hem. Onto some top-half pieces, the PVC Transparent Top looks pretty cool and I've seen a couple of looks really selling this to me. The Fishnet Gem Tunica really surprised me, it's not my usual style being a less-is-more on the fabric front, but I love the red gems as they stand out so much. Then there is also the Zebra Coat which does seem a little out of place in the collection but I think it's a pretty nice piece and it definitely stands out for being different. 

T S L T O P T H R E E
Feather Green Pants | Fishnet Gem Tunica | Starry Dress
This was a tough choice because I could have easily picked a few more than three, in the end it was clothing that won out! These are the pieces that I'm most excited about wearing over and over again even if I'm repeating looks^

F E A T U R E S
First up is GeraKowall styling up the Zebra Coat - this piece looks so much better outside of the store and it really shines! The bold pink of the skirt works beautifully with the print, in fact I think many bold colours would do well with it. And I love the jewelled kitten heels, they're such a cute yet glamorous touch to the look. The floral belt is very sweet, not an obvious choice but I think one that works very nicely =)
Next up is a much darker look, here yelich styles both the Tulle Net Dress and Leather Belted Boots in a fabulous way^ The shoes still pop out amongst the tulle and netting of the skirted pieces, it's a great way to wear them and despite all of the black clothing they really do stand out. The netting manages to stand out nicely against the knit of the sweater, it's a fun contrast to try and really makes the piece seem more wearable. I also love the accessories, the little silver hoops look great with the sheen of the bag!
The next features are somewhat lighter, here is Mery.- wearing the Organic Fishnet Dress in a beautiful layered look. The green stands out beautifully against the neutral top and trousers as base pieces, and the details in the netting really pop and catch the eye. I love the added layering of the jacket on top, both the style and colour of it suit the look well. The delicate accessories are beautiful touches, I love the jewellery and this bag in particular^
Next up is Millaxx who also styles the Organic Fishnet Dress but quite differently, really highlighting what versatility a net dress can have! The colour of the sweater is a perfect fit for the dress, it looks like the two were made for each other especially with the ripped hem styling the sweater has, it's perfect with the netting. The accessories in pink are a beautiful touch, they look so good with the green, really love the bag, earrings and sunglasses combination, plus the perspex heels make a good final addition =D
And last but not least another dark look to end on, this time from Miloshki who wears the PVC Transparent Top in a very cool rock-chick way, not sure I could pull off this style so well but I still love it! The design on the top really stands out against the pale skin tone and I think the other black clothing pieces in the look do well at fitting in but making sure the piece stands out on its own. The leather jacket particularly is such a great piece for the top^ I love the minimal take on accessories, these chunky boots and the structured bag really hold their own on that front, so great =)

No comments:

Post a Comment