f

Sunday 26 June 2022

P E A R L S | Release Review

I have to say, our latest PEARLS release into the Plaza really impressed me! Whilst there were vibes of the overall Pearls brand there are a lot of modern and fun touches to this collection - it's impressed me so much that I think it has earnt a review post (it's been almost a year since one), so lets get in and take a look:
This is a sizeable collection, with two floors and a total of 12 looks for female dolls and 1 for males which perhaps seems like an after-thought as it's quite simple in comparison to the choices for the females. The colours in this collection are super vibrant, my eyes don't know where to look first! Looking at the accessories there are a few choices, with shoes, bags and a couple of other pieces - for sure the first floor is quite full of accessories but the second is lacking a little. There are three pairs of shoes to choose from, the matching Leather Loafers Brown and White which are pretty smart shoes and I like the colour choices for these with the gold buckle on the front. I'm not such a fan of flat shoes, so these aren't so much my style. I do however really like the third pair of shoes, the Green Snake Boots, which don't seem to fit the theme of the store, but are a super cool boot! The green colour is stand out, I don't think we have much in this shade, and I love the pointed toe and the small chunky heel. These will be great for Spring and Autumn stylings I think. There are also three bags in the store which are all very Pearls-esque. For me the one that stands out is the White Shoulder Bag which is inspired by a Valentino one, I really like the shoulder bag style and the design is simple yet not basic - I love a gold embellishment! There is also the Dove Leather P Bag which is similar in style but is a darker colour, a handheld piece and also more of a box-bag style. And the final piece is more casual, the White Green Handbag which I think will be popular for Spring/Summer. The size of this is bigger than the other bags, I really like the white and green combination along with the wood-style handles - what puts me off is the PEARLS word across the piece, but this may work well for some tastes. There are just a few other accessories pieces in the store. The Tassel Pearl Earrings are super pretty in a pale pink, looking closely at these they're beaded all over which looks fab - I do find with the blonde hair they tend to blend in a little, so I will perhaps try these out when I'm wearing something darker. Then there is the Round Chain Necklace which is definitely a statement piece with the large medallion on it. I've not bought this yet but am super tempted, I especially like that one half of the chain is gold and the other is silver, that really temps me a lot! And finally is the Pearl Chain Belt, I'm still not sure what I think about this one, sometimes I like it on the mannequin and sometimes I think it's got a bit of a tacky vibe to it - perhaps seeing it included in a styling will help me make my mind up.
Now onto the clothing, which for me is definitely more impressive that the accessories of the release. The outfits all do seem quite stand-alone, which may be because most, if not all, are from separate brands/designers as inspiration. There is quite a lot of pleating going on, which is fine by me because I love a pleated skirt! The Brown Tulle Skirt is an amazing combination of tulle and pleating, it looks fab, I love the midi length and the ballgown skirted style, plus the colour is super pretty. The matching Woolen Jacket is very nice with it, it's not so much my style, but I appreciate the two together. And then also in this category is the Pleated Pastel Midi Skirt which I am just blown away by, it's such a beautiful piece, and of course so is the matching Pastel Blouse. I love the combination of colours and also the smart design that the pieces have, it really looks great on the doll. I also think these pieces fit very nicely - I'm so excited to see what people can do with these items! There is also a little hint of pleating in the Ombre Draped Dress, personally I'd love if this was a separate skirt and shirt too as I'd be able to get more wear from it. I love the brown and cream colouring to it and especially love the gathered details on the skirt, it's such a pretty piece! The Cropped Beige Blazer and Beige Shorts co-ord is pretty cute - the pieces together aren't so much my style with the very cropped length of the blazer, but perhaps separately the pieces will work for me. These pieces do look great with all of their accessories, but for me I will pass on these because the colour doesn't work so well against my dolls skin tone. A colour that does work for me is blue, and there's no shortage of that in this collection^ There are two tops to choose from, the Knitted Long Arm Top and the Cobalt Tie Cuff Top which are both relatively similar in that a lot of the design detail focuses on the sleeves, but they're unique pieces for sure and I definitely couldn't pick a favourite between them - I liked styling them both! And then for trousers there are the Cut Out Pattern Pants, which are just all kinds of fabulous with the circle details, and the Cobalt Tuck Pants which are such a smart neat pair of trousers, again, far too difficult to pick a favourite between them, but I do think the first pair will work better for Spring/Summer and the second pair for Autumn/Winter.

F E A T U R E S
First up for the features is GeraKowall wearing the Cut Out Pattern Pants in such a fun creative way. Despite the other bright colours added, these trousers do a great job and stand out well in the outfit. Blue and this pastel yellow make such a pretty Spring/Summer pairing, but it's the red that really draws you in - I particularly like the shoes and tights combination under the trousers, the hemline looks perfect there. I also love this bag in the outfit, a perfect accessory for these trousers. And the rest of the accessories complete the look nicely, I love the wide-brim hat and the delicate earrings^
Here we have Jassmaka styling up the White Shoulder Bag and the Brown Tulle Skirt - I wasn't sure about this skirt because of the little cutouts for the hands, but this look really has me convinced that I need to buy it! The brown and the blue look beautiful together, really a standout colour combination. The cardigan is such a sweet piece to style with the skirt, the open front works well with the fit of the skirt at the waist. The rezising of the bag makes it look pretty adorable and the light colours stands out nicely against the blue of the cardigan. To finish I love the blue socks and shoe combination, it's adorable and a perfect detailing to add to this skirt =D
And the final feature comes from harpie who wears the Cobalt Tuck Pants in a more simple styling - but one that really highlights the detailed design of the piece perfectly. The white shirt is perfect to make the blue really pop, but the Springtime interior also works perfectly for that too^ I love the added belt to the look, the brown is very nice against both the white and the blue. The rest of the accessories are also great, so excited to see these shoes in a look, I think they're great here, the lilac and yellow are fab with the blue and the yellow is further used in the bag - I love it =)

S T Y L I N G S
I bought so many pieces from this release that this is really a 'stylings part 1' - I will style the rest of the pieces in another post soon^ First up is the Pleated Pastel Midi Skirt, I knew I wanted to use either lilac or orange with this piece and in the end orange won as I had more choice. I love this blouse with the skirt a lot, the colour is pretty much perfect with the splashes of orange in the skirt and I think the styles work well together. I also stuck with orange for the accessories and found pieces that were a good fit for the colour in the skirt, this little bag is perfect I think, and really works with the style of the skirt, the small size is an advantage. I was so pleased to use these shoes (a recent Fever purchase), I think they're great with these orange/lilac pieces so I will definitely be using the combination again! Next is the matching Pastel Blouse. I struggled more with this one, as there is a pair of orange trousers that I wanted to use, and the colour does work nicely with the blouse, but the shape around the waist just wasn't cooperating, and then I struggled to choose shoes to work with both pieces - so I scrapped that idea and opted for white trousers, which I do think work nicely as a second choice. What I do love is this light lilac belt, I've had it in my wardrobe for years and have never styled it, but I think it was the right choice for this look with the colour complementing the blouse well. I stuck on the lighter tones for a bag and I think this clutch looks good with the lighter cuffs, and of course had to include my favourite purple sunglasses^ And finally is the White Shoulder Bag, which is definitely the most versatile piece of the three styled here - I had trouble narrowing down my options! In the end I particularly favoured the bag with these trousers, I really think a pale pink/lilac tone is drawn from the bag with this pairing and I love it. This blouse is super complementary to these trousers and gave a nuetral yet stylish addition to the bag. The gold studding on the bag was perfect for choosing a few gold accessories - I really love this for a simple Summer styling =D

1 comment: