f

Friday 22 July 2022

Paris, J'Taime

I'm making the assumption that this suite is based on a Parisian balcony, but I could be wrong...

After my two-and-a-half-year hiatus from Stardoll, this jumpsuit was one of the first things I came across in the Starbazaar. The shape of it is just sublime, when you get rid of all the accoutrements it originally had - gloves, a kind of shrug, very fashion but too much for me. Alone, it's giving me Naomi-Smalls-Drag-Race-Season-8 vibes, but gentler. Could-be-trousers-but-surprise-it's-a-jumpsuit ya know? I really love a trouser with a good waist pleat too, so if Stardoll ever want to change up their wide leg trouser template, I'll take this one in ten different colours thanks. But I digress...

I really tried to find it as a bargain in the Starbazaar, but after consideration, it was worth the splurge. And I knew immediately I wanted to style it with red. You normally get bright pink and red together, but I love baby pink with this strong tomato red. It adds toughness to what is quite a comfortable, soft palette and silhouette. That's why it's important to bring in some more sculptural elements, like the hard necklace, graphic sunglasses and rough woven bag. The drama is all in the contrasts and there aren't many things more French than drama...
 
Featuring:
Jumpsuit Cover • Limited Edition
Paris Lover Sweatshirt • Hot Hot Buys
Selena at Nickleodeon Top • Young Hollywood
Westwood Inspired Red Hat • Inspired by Vivienne Westwood Tribute
Circle Glasses • Killah
Ribbons Pearls Glasses • Limited Edition
Maxi Stone Necklace • Epiphany
Multi-coloured Bag • Fever
RTW SS 2020 Red Gloves • Inspired by Gucci Tribute
MiuMiu Inspired Ankle Boots • Subcouture

No comments:

Post a Comment