f

Friday 15 July 2022

Wisdom Teeth

You ever see those old cartoons where people have toothache? This look makes me think of that, but with crystals. Root canal, but make it fashion. 


Honestly, this silver headpiece is kind of ridiculous, but fashion is always toeing that line of bonkers and aesthetically pleasing...

I like this Elie Saab inspired dress a lot - the shape is gorgeous and the details are glamourous, yet elegant. Definitely doesn't need the train that the original had. I'd hoped it would be beltless though as the layered, sort-of obi belt style seems a little cheap, or maybe one-note. Turns out, if you can't take the belt off, you can go the other way and add more belts - I think this tied silver number helps to visually nip in the waist just a bit more, especially in the wake of these voluminous sleeves.

I was very tempted to finish this with a pair of dainty, intricate silver heels to continue the vibe of the dress, but once I'd put that hat on, I knew I needed something chunkier to balance it out. These warm white go go boots are my go-to every time. The shape is great, the colour excellent, and they transform every outfit into something quirkier thanks to their slightly retro, decidedly not cocktail party, vibe. The best outfits defy genre in my opinion. If it's expected by convention, make another choice.
She's maybe a little overdressed for the dentist, but hey, every street's a runway. 
 
Featuring:
Dramatic Purple Sheer Dress • Voile
Metallic Wrap Belt • Callie's Picks
Russo Lilac Hat • Voile
Silver Headwear • Vinyl
Silver Upper Arm Bracelet x 2 • Vinyl
Olivia Oscars Clutch • Young Hollywood
Loose Knee High Boots • Nelly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment