f

Thursday 16 June 2022

B E A U T Y P A R L O R | Save or Sell

It has been a looooong time since my last Save or Sell post, in fact almost 3 years. I don't remember why I stopped, but for a long time around the start of covid I wasn't SS/Royalty so didn't have the option to do any selling - now I've sold a lot of the items I know I don't want but there's always some that I'm just not sure about, hence the purpose of this series to try styling those pieces to make a firm choice if I'm saving the item, or selling it! This is a first still, as this time around I'm styling jewellery pieces only from my beauty parlor (which often get forgotten about) - let's get in and see what I'm working with:

C H A N E L C H A I N N E C K L A C E
This Chanel Chain Necklace came out in the Winter 2013 Chanel Tribute release but has also been re-released in Callie's Picks - despite that I don't think I've seen anyone wear it? Perhaps I'm wrong, but it's definitely one of the lesser-worn Chanel jewellery pieces. Now when I styled these looks I was under the impression that I also had never worn this piece, but I was wrong, I styled it for the Wear Dem Jewels Challenge back in 2015, so it's been 7 years since I've worn it! Anyway, I really loved styling up these looks with the necklace - it was so much fun and therefore it's definitely a SAVE^ The gold is definitely a brighter tone than I prefer styling, but the addition of the black, white and red beaded details to the piece give it a lot of styling options which I've really gone to town with in my looks. I love the simplicity in the first outfit, it looks sleek and classy with the simple black and white pieces but the red accessories add such a pop. In the second styling I love the necklace with this blouse, they're really great together, and also with these shoes, they're such a bold piece but balance well against the necklace at the top half of the outfit. I'm so glad I styled up this piece!

E N A M E L F L O W E R S N E C K L A C E
Next is the Enamel Flowers Necklace, originally from the Summer 2014 Fendi Tribute store, but I picked this one up in a Callie's Picks release back in 2015 - since then I think I've only worn it once. I've tried a few times to sell this piece but without luck, so maybe that's a sign I should be rethinking my attempts to sell! Whilst I do really like these outfits, I did find the necklace a bit limiting to work with which is why I was right in the first place and am listing this piece as a SELL. I really do like working with the contrast of the black with the lighter pink and peach tones and I do think these pieces all look great with the necklace, but there's not as much love there as with the first piece in this post. I particularly like this second styling here, it looks great with more Fendi pieces added, but beyond that there aren't a ton of options I don't think.

I S A B E L M A R A N T I N S P I R E D K N O T N E C K L A C E
Thirdly is the Isabel Marant Inspired Knot Necklace which was released in 2016 from Epiphany - I styled it at the time of release and remember thinking it was a pretty cool piece and looked easy to wear, then never wore it again! I do still think this is a cool piece with the design, but of the three in this post this was my least favourite to style. It's the one piece that I think would really benefit from being able to layer jackets/clothing on top of to be able to get the best wear from it. With my dolls skin tone, I also found that the shade of gold in the top necklace pieces doesn't really stand out, so that detail can get lost without a high-neck shirt underneath so that is a bit of a limit for me - and overall, it's a SELL. I really do like the first styling for the necklace though, I think the style of it looks great with this blazer and I love the crisp white clothing pieces as they really give such a smart styling overall. And I love the accessories I've chosen, super fun wearing these trainers again and the Chanel bag adds an extra splash of class^ Hopefully this piece will go to someone who can really enjoy it to the fullest and make some great stylings =)

No comments:

Post a Comment