f

Friday 24 June 2016

I N S P I R E D B Y M A R C J A C O B S | Tribute Review

This week began with our second Tribute of the season - Inspired By Marc Jacobs! I wasn't all hugely a follower of Marc Jacobs' work, so I really went in without huge expectations, which sometimes is a better position to be in. The advert looks pretty cool with a dark vibe - I don't think the models are entirely a great match to be honest, I usually love the beauty looks but this time I think they could have been much more fitting for the release.
So there are two floors in this collection and I really do get the running theme throughout, something I really like and can really help releases I find! There are no male pieces this time, but I think with a little creativity some of the pieces could work out for the male dolls, I think there might be a little hope in there for you still^
There's a pretty good balance with clothing and accessories with this release I'd say - starting with the accessories, I feel there's been a huge push and emphasis on the bags with this collection. There have been great designs brought to Stardoll and they look good and there's a range between them for different tastes. I found myself immediately attracted to the Small Mini Leather Bag, I love the graphic work put into it along with its style and cute size. It's something I could see myself working into looks quite easily, so I'd say it's the versatile piece of the accessories. Aside from the black pieces, including the MJ Leather Bag with it's pretty golden chain, I loved the jewel toned pieces in this collection - both the emerald Green Mini Leather Bag and the Purple Leather Bag look like great pieces to have! There wasn't any jewellery in this release, so all that's left in this category are the shoes, which I found myself disappointed with - these boots are completely not my style at all and I find them all very similar so there wasn't really anything for me to work with there, I'm sure some of you might love them though^
And then the clothes, which really were the focal point for this release. As I said before, I really feel the common theme running through this collection, which I like, but I do know it won't all be to everyone's taste. I feel like the emphasis was really put onto the dresses and gowns in this one and that the other pieces were sort of like 'fillers' for the collection - I liked more of these pieces than the dresses though I think! With the dresses there are two which are more gowns, the Dramatic Night Gown and the Night Sequin Long Dress, a piece which has a great pattern on the skirts. I just don't see the wearability in these unfortunately. The prints and designs are fine, I just think for me the overall style would need to be different - I'd do that wavy blue print in a nice skirt though^ What I did like were the more minimal pieces, although they're not all that minimal at all! The Marc Jacobs Tribute Gown and the Silverlining Sheer Dress are both stunning, and the Sheer Marc Jacobs Dress rounds out that sheer range in the collection. Then there's the slightly more conservative Grey Marc Jacobs Long Dress with it's pretty bow detailing at the high neck then long length with the stylish split - I like it, and I think it's probably the most versatile of all the dresses. There's a few shorter options available too, and I love both the lace and sequin details in the Spiderweb Sequin Dress and the Ballerina Blossom Dress, I think I just need to work out some good ways to wear them =D After the dresses there are quite a few outerwear pieces available, but to me some of them are just so different and out there and opposite of anything I'd look for, so I do find myself easily shifting my eyes away from them - don't get me wrong, the Over Size Tribute Cape is a well designed piece, I just know immediately that I'd never wear it! I do like some of the pieces though, but focus on the versatile, and I think that both the Just Oversized Coat and Faux Fur Leather Jacket offer that well! I really look forward to styling them both^ And to round off, the co-ord sets which were available. I found myself liking the bottom halves over the tops in both sets, and my eyes particularly go all goggly at the Sheer Marc Jacobs Pants - I love these! These are awesome in shape, colour and design and are the sort of thing that are all I could ask for from a Tribute =D
Prices in this release range from 16 to 45SD's, which may be veering a little towards the expensive end, even for a Tribute release. I only purchased 5 or 6 pieces and the spend was already something like over 150SD's which did make my eyes bulge - but it does mean maybe I'll make smarter decisions about my purchases!
There's a lot of features in this one, so I'm going to save my own looks for the start of next week - lets dive into your guys' stylings! So the Just Oversized Coat was pretty popular and I've narrowed it down to two here, firstly -Lady_Sweet-, who has gone with a pretty formal look in a maxi gown with a side split. I adore the knitwear below the coat, it's a great fit, as is the accessorising from that feathered neckwear, very cool and very edgy - this all fits together perfectly =D
And then secondly Fashion.By, also going for a full look of black pieces but choosing something along a little more of a casual route choosing these fabulous cropped trousers and a meshed shirt - I think it works really well! Plus I think the hair and lip colour choices are pretty perfect =)
Next a couple of looks with the One Shoulder Fur, it definitely took a little while to see looks with this, so maybe not so popular? It really was these looks though that convinced me to purchase this piece. First dareczek7 going very casual with ripped jeans and white trainers, but with the beige coat, I really like the overall style that's been chosen. I think it sells the fur in a different light, which I really like.
And then something very different from kate17Elegante, who has gone for a more formal style with black and white trousers and shirt. I love the accessorising with the inclusion of the Purple Leather Bag, and I think those sunglasses and boots look fab. Sleek hair and beauty also perfection^
And then another pair, this time making use of the Striped Tweed Pants - and both looks really sell them, I'm impressed! Firstly is katyana-472 going with a fairly neutral base with the shorts and a white shirt then going bold with the red coat - I love it! I think this is a very complimentary look for the piece and I can definitely see potential for them in similar styles.
Secondly Mia1435 going for something very different in this almost period/hatter inspired look, it's very creative! The shorts look great with these boots and they suit a waistcoat styling very well. I love the over shoulder jacket but also the accessorising - it's been thought out well, and the beauty look fits in immensely too =) 
Next we have MyArt who has gone with the Metallic Flower Skirt for her look in something a little more geometric, I quite like it! The sheer body and tights make a good combination and I love the bralet chosen, the style is great and works well in the whole look. Also love the shoes with the skirt, they work together very well =D
And lastly ula1223 in a very layered black ensemble including the Ripped Marc Jacobs Inspired Sweater. I feel like, even though everything is the same colour, the sweater does really stand out in the crowd and my eyes are instantly drawn to it. I love the folds and the pleats and they really do bring a lot to the look^

No comments:

Post a Comment