f

Saturday 10 November 2012

How hard can it be ...

To find a decent black bag on Stardoll?!?! You'd think it'd be easy to find an essential like this, but I find it so tricky! There just isn't the perfect one out there in the Stardoll world!
It's so easy in real life, all the shops are full of them in many shapes, sizes and style - so why isn't it like this on Stardoll?
Zara
ASOS
ASOS
Black bags are literally available in hundreds of thousands on every high street in the world probably, so why not this virtual one?
You can search for Bags in the new Star Plaza Catalog, but you can't specify colour of SD's or SC's - which is one thing that annoys me about the new search system. You can look through all of the bags on one page, or you can sift through them via type(luggage, clutch etc.), which is ok if you know exactly the piece your looking for, but annoying for efficient browsing!
So from the Shoulder Bag section, just 3 to choose from:
The centre one and one on the right have been around a while, and I really don't see anyone wearing them. Whereas the left one is from one of the new Harrods stores, Supertrash Girls - it, in my opinion, is the best of the 3, it has quilted details and an intricate gold chain. It is a little pricey at 12 SD's, but it's almost worth it. I am yet to buy it as I need to ensure I know how I want to style it, but I think it would be a good investment purchase.
So now the clutch section, where there is disappointingly one bag:
And it's not even actually black, it's a dark grey. A good black clutch is something everyone needs, not a dark grey one. For me it's an area where Stardoll lacks.
So finally the Handbag section where there are most to choose from, although is this necessarily a good thing?
Yes there are quite a variety of shapes and sizes, but my question is, would you actually use them? My answer being no. Have you seen anyone else using them? Again my answer is 95% no - I've seen the odd few outfits using the one from Pet-a-Porter, but it ends there.

In real life if there's a gap in the market for something, someone comes along and fills it, keeping everyone happy for a little while until they want something else. But in Stardoll it's a completely different story. Stardoll produce the items they want, they never ask what we would like to see. Stardoll is a business, to keep going they need us, the Stardoll members, to keep coming back and paying for more - if it were me, I'd want to listen to what the members wanted(within reason of course - but a simple thing as a good black bag, isn't a big ask).
Little rant over! 63 Day Challenge will come soon.




Oooooh and guess what?!?! This is the 200th post on the blog =D

7 comments:

  1. Can't believe it is already the 200th post! I agree with you as well about the bags, I really want to find a decent quality black clutch bag of stardoll! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Liu Jo was still in the plaza, you could buy two black clutches (a smaller, plain black one and another, slightly bigger one with white shading on it). I prefer those. You know which bags I am talking of?

    xoxo cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know them, but they're not in the Plaza currently.
      I also don't think they are what I would be looking for in a black clutch though-others may be happy with them.

      Delete
  3. You can choose the colour on the search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I didn't even see that little pull down menu! They should have made it more obvious.

      Delete
  4. I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday, when I needed a black clutch for my new outfit and I couldn't find any, so I had to use a brown one instead. I'm still not really sure if it fits in.

    ReplyDelete