f

Thursday 28 December 2023

2017 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

W I N T E R 2 0 1 7
It's been a little while since I've done a Tributes Revisited - here we are taking a look back to the Winter 2017 season! This season had 6 releases and I have to say that it was a super strong season - these were Saint Laurent, Versace, Dior, Fendi, Tributes Gallery and Off-White. Many of the pieces from these collections are ones that I find myself still reaching for regularly and ones that I see many others still styling too. The vibes of these releases are definitely ones I'm wanting back in the Plaza!

S A I N T L A U R E N T
This Saint Laurent release was such a stunning and memorable one, and there are some super fun pieces that I think are still popular all these years after the release. For me the mix of black and white pieces is fabulous, and they're great classic staples that will work well in a number of ways - I found it super fun styling some of these up again^ The Gold Speckled Blouse has always been a piece that I want to love wearing but I've struggled with it over the years, so I'm super pleased to have styled it here in a way that I really love for it, I'm really feeling inspired to style it again already. The Fuschia Puff Silk Puff Blouse is one that really pops in the store and I think I'm on the lookout for in the Bazaar =D *PS these pieces are available in the Archive store currently*

D I O R
I'm a huge huge huge fan of Dior, so of course I loved this release and bought so many pieces from it! I just find the release such a classic and memorable one with some of my absolute favourite pieces in it - the Dior Inspired Front Pleat Pants, the Dior Inspired Acetate Aviators and the Dior Inspired Tuxedo Blouse to be exact. I see many of the pieces from this release still styled regularly and the styles really are still very current. I love the RL collection that this release is based on, and would still happily accept more pieces from this collection in the Plaza today - I still have so many ideas for it =)
And we also have a feature to include - Jesica_1998 recently styled up the Dior Inspired Tuille Skirt in this very cool and current rock-chick street styling. The skirt layers beautifully and with the choices in this outfit, the print on the tulle really stands out nicely. The pop of yellow against the black is fab, and I love the texture contrast between the skirt and the harsher leather of the boots and jacket - I really love this look^

F E N D I
The Fendi release this season was also a memorable one, although screams Spring/Summer to me rather than Autumn/Winter! I really love the colours of this one, the earthy greens and browns look great along with the light fabrics throughout. I really enjoyed revisiting these pieces to style as I had a completely refreshed perspective on them - the ones I picked were easy to work with and really make me excited to style up the rest of the pieces I have from this release. These are pieces I definitely see styled less than the Saint Laurent or the Dior, but I really hope they can have a bit of a comeback^

No comments:

Post a Comment