f

Saturday 2 December 2023

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N #51 | Release Review

Finally time for our next LE release - collection 51 was released back on the 10th of November and brought us a fabulous new drop of pieces to glitz up our wardrobes with. Without further ado, let's get on and look at the collection:
This collection is three floors with 14 looks and including a couple of pieces for male dolls too. The collection is very glitz and glam and does remind me of the last LE release a bit with those similar vibes. It's a fitting release coming up to the Winter party season, but it's not so much one that will suit everyones vibes - for me I would have liked something at least a little cosy^ I also have to say, it's been quite some time where I've really loved an LE collection as a whole, I'm really ready for something like the pre-Covid releases to be back. Anyway, starting off with the accessories which is quite a small set for the store - there are just 3 pairs of shoes and 1 bag, which isn't a lot to choose from. For me, at least, I quite like the pieces but think there should have been a few more items in there too. The Silver Giant Bow Heels really do stand out, those bows really are giant! I like the glam they bring, and they're definitely something unique. Also in silver is the Glitter Handbag - I really like the simplicity of this in the overall style and the small size but it's glitzy by being completely glitter. There are a few other jewelled pieces in this category, but these are relatively similar to pieces we've had in the past and in other stores, the Braided Headpiece for example.
Similarly the number of clothing pieces in the collection is also small, with many looks made up of just one item. Now I did say I wanted cosy, so I guess that is fulfilled by both the Gray Fur Coat and Pastel Feather Fur which are definitely nice pieces and I really adore the orange and pink tones together (I was just too late to pick this one up!). Most of the pieces are very stand out, they would do all the talking in the look and wouldn't necessarily need a lot of accessories, like the Crystal Bow Dress with it's voluminous sleeves and jewelled front (plus bow!), the set of the Feather Sequinned Top and Pants with their fantastic combination of silver and feathers, the Water Splash Dress which really is rather unique in design, and lastly the Sculpture Dress with it's golden butterfly design down the front. There are also a couple of individual tops/bottoms I also wanted to mention because I think they're pieces with some versatility despite being super sparkly! For tops I quite like the Silver Chest Piece and Crystal Bra as I think these will layer quite nicely to make for unique stylings, and for bottoms I like both the Sequin Relaxed Pants (which come to fit both male and female dolls) and the Crystal Skirt which are both quite different items but ones which I think will work well in a few different styles.

F E A T U R E S
First up here is Bianquette who styles up the Crystal Top and gives one example of some sparkly layering! The piece is layered with a bra top and I think the two are perfect together along with those added sleeves - fantastic combination that really looks like one piece^ These sleeves are also perfection with this skirt, the colours and textures are great together, and the gold of the skirt is both fitting with all those accessories but also doesn't draw away from the featured LE piece in the outfit =)
Then we have Proenza who wears the Crystal Bra very similarly to the above look and highlights how wearable and versatile these pieces are! This look has light pieces added with minimal details and really lets all the intricate design features of the piece pop in the styling. I also love the accessories in this look, the glitzy bag is super cute and I love the earrings, they look like they were made to be worn with this piece completely^
And the final feature is from tate who has opted for the Crystal Skirt in this very smart styling highlighting even further that sequins can work in multiple ways^ The layering ontop of the white trousers is great and highlights the blue and purple hints in the crystals on the skirt, I love that! The white blazer ontop gives great balance to the trousers and I love the skirt worn as both a skirt and top, that really works well. Accessorising is simple but effective, the crystal earrings are spot on =D

S T Y L I N G S
And for my stylings - I was travelling on the day of release so only managed to grab one piece, but a very kind friend gifted me a number of items to style up and I really am so happy with all of them! First up are the Silver Chest Piece and Silver Giant Bow Heels together, while both have big features I think they pair together nicely, especially with super neutral additions. I think they look great with the white trousers and simple black and white accessories. The top details also go great with the jewelled earrings - maybe some stacked bracelets are all that are missing! Next are the Glitter Handbag and Pearl Heel Stilettos which I think work very nicely together particularly in this outfit. I love the shoes with these blue trousers, they really bring out the toe-cap colour of the shoes beautifully, and the sparkle of the trousers was the perfect opportunity for the bag to be included. To balance all that I kept simple with the white shirt, I really liked the look of the long length of the shirt with the looser fit of the trousers. And finished up with a sparkly necklace and I'm super pleased with this addition to the look. And finally the Sequin Relaxed Pants which I loved styling and they were very easy to work with. This was a quick styling to put together, I like the neutral trainers with the contrast of the trousers and really liked continuing the neutral vibe with the shawl. A little extra added glam with these nice earrings to finish the look, I really love this one^

No comments:

Post a Comment