f

Sunday 23 October 2016

T I N G E L I N G H A L L O W E E N C O U T U R E | Release Review

It's that time of year again for new halloween themed releases and the end of last week brought us an anticipated one, the Tingeling Halloween Couture release! It's generally a very dressed-up store and so sometimes I only buy a few pieces which I know will work on a more everyday level, lets see how the store got on:
Overview This release is two floors filled with couture-styled pieces perfect for dressing up. The theme is very glamour-infused, most pieces aren't so everyday casual, but I think some of you forward-minded readers could easily wear these pieces all the time! There's also a male look included, but again it's a kind of stock male look for a release, it's nothing too special but it certainly fits the theme fine.
Accessories There's quite the range in the accessories category with this release because as well as the regular items there are also some makeup pieces you can choose from as well, and there are both eye and lip pieces to choose from. The Green Ombre Lips are maybe a little questionable on the wearability, but I love the colour and I think it might entice more people if it was a lipstick rather than a set of lips. Then the eyes, the Snake Eye Makeup Left and Right then the Snake Effect Makeup Left and Right with the first being a closed eye style with a snake patterned liner and the second being more of an eye decor than a makeup look. I think the second look, with the scaled pattern in a pretty green tone is definitely my preference! Then there are the regular accessory pieces, but there's not a huge range really. There are two pairs of shoes, the Snake Effect Heels and the Emerald Booties, and those boots had my heart as soon as I saw them! I love everything about them, the style, design, texture and colour, I think they're fabulous and am very excited to add them to my wardrobe =D Also just one bag to choose from, the Heart Snake Clutch, and while I love the colours and tones, it's not something I'm in a rush to add to my wardrobe. In the rest of the accessories, snakes have a huge feature, the Diamond Snake Bracelet, Serpentine Headpiece, Chunky Serpentine Necklace and Red Hot Chilli Pepper. These are definitely quite stand out pieces, and for me, not so versatile, but they're definitely worth thinking about, because they might fit into your looks really well!
Clothing The immediate stand out in the clothing are definitely all those gowns to choose from! There are 6 to pick from and I think the choice in colours, designs and styles is really great. I'm a huge fan of both metallics and green, so the Gold Scales Gown, Velvet One Shoulder Gown and the Chiffon Beaded Gown are where my eyes go in the store! They've all got amazing shapes and fit on the doll, and they're pieces I can see myself wanting to wear and not just own. There's also red choices too in the Ombre Red Gown and the Meghan Asymetrical Dress, I do quite like the latter as an alternative choice, the little cutout loop is pretty with gold detail and I really like the draping of the material and the way it sits on the body, so I'd definitely count it as a top piece in this release^ There are 3 other dresses included in the release too for those who would rather a mini choice over the gowns and I really think each piece holds its' own in the collection - firstly the bright red Bodycon Dress with a unique halter style and a cool texture, then the Cobra Cocktail Dress in black with an awesome and very couture styled neckline, and lastly the Lace Cocktail Dress with a snake design and a pretty feathered skirt, although this piece seems somewhat familiar, am I remembering something similar from a recent-ish release?! Aside from dresses there are just a few other pieces included in the store. First I'll mention the kinda fabulous suit pairing, the Serpentine Tuxedo Jacket and Pants which have a great fit on the doll (like really great) and a pretty different print to choose, I think the red colouring really helps sell this one^ And then there's also a skirt, which I think might be the favourite of the collection from what I've seen from others, the Pleated Black Midi Skirt which is versatile and perfectly on trend at the moment, it doesn't need much else to deserve a thumbs up =D
Prices This collection is priced from 7 to 45SD's with a couple of pieces as SS or Royalty only and a few SC pieces available too. I think these prices are pretty much spot on - we have to remember it's a 'couture' collection, naturally the prices will be slightly higher and I think they fit the items themselves, so no complaints from me there!
Styled Outfits Just a couple of styled outfits now, so far my purchases have been minimal as there are pieces I want to think about more and see styled by others before I commit to them, but I did purchase my immediate loves in this release! So on the left is the Pleated Black Midi Skirt, something I couldn't pass up! I styled it in a 'typical me' look of all black and used this awesome leather jacket, and used the gold edging to choose a belt and heels, yep, all classic me! Then on the left are the Emerald Booties, and I didn't intend to do two all black styles but it just sort of happened that way - I adore these culottes with the boots, it's a style I'm enjoying trying out and working into different looks. Also added some different texture in with the leather shirt. This is definitely one of my current favourite looks =D
Features I found quite a few looks this weekend with people giving these items a first go! This first feature is lacky_girl.. (who always does well with new releases immediately!) with two pieces, the Pleated Black Midi Skirt and the Emerald Booties in this colourful style. I think the boots and the striped coloured jacket are such a cute match together, and everything works around the pairing well, including the skirt - boots and skirts definitely catch my eye =D
Secondly is marta-43 choosing a bolder piece, the Serpentine Tuxedo Jacket. Definitely a twist to the look not making the print the only one in the style, but those striped trousers are a fantastic match for the jacket. The glam of the bag and the top really shine through too which help the look stand out well!
Lastly we have natusia_182 wearing the Cobra Cocktail Dress in somewhat of a casual style, I really like this different look for the piece! It's a surprise to see the dress work well with jeans but it really impresses me! The rest of the look is pretty classic with black and silver accessories ticking all the right boxes =D

1 comment: