f

Tuesday 23 August 2016

T R E S S U P | Release Review

Over the weekend we got a brand new release of Tress Up - which is the conclusion of the Stardoll's Next Top Hair Stylist. I don't recall when that all happened, but I'm sure it was a while ago - I'm glad the results are finally here though! Let's take a look at what's on offer:
As per usual releases we got two floors of styles with 16 winning looks overall! There's a great variety available with so many versatile choices and a good range of styles so I'm sure everyone will manage to find something that suits them =)
So yeah, huge range to choose from in this store between long and short pieces and up-do's. There are mostly long based styles with a mixture of waves and straight and also ones which have some parts styled up (I'm not sure what to call this!) like the Partystar66 Hairstyle, Cobrarea9 Curls and Kikinka4.12 Bow Hair - those first two sure are pretty big styles and I know some of you guys will wear them wonderfully, I'm just a bit plain for them I think! The long Babyfacejoo Ponytail and Taaylooh Long Hair definitely suit me much more than the curled larger styles, but I'm definitely not ready for the Sorigugu Blue Tips Hair just quite yet!
In terms of tied-up hairstyles there are 4 to choose from, and I think these are all quite good ones =D First there's the long Bettygirlie Ponytail which looks pretty cool blowing in the wind, and I really like how this one sits around my face, I think it's got a really flattering design. Then also quite long are the K3nzia Braids which are fairly similar to the Stylish Sporty Braids Hair in the last Tress Up release, but these ones have a more looser feel both in the part on top of the head and the braids themselves, overall they're just a little more relaxed and have a different vibe - I'll enjoy wearing both sets of braids though! And then two shorter styles, the curly Durriyekta Top Knot which is a pretty cool and different style to go for. I wasn't a fan at first, but after seeing it on a few people I think it could work out for me too. And I really adore the Moiragrog Ponytail - stylish and pretty and sleek with a great fit on the dolls head and around the face. I think it's a perfect ponytail and I'm glad this one was chosen for the store!
And lastly the shorter hairstyles, which are mainly the DeSerekFifoxx Hairstyle and MunchkinXD Hairstyles, both are awesome and so far I've loved wearing them - I've noticed lots of compliments about them too, so that's also a bonus! The DeSerekFifoxx Hairstyle has a great on the shoulder cut and I love the slight side-fringe which isn't too overwhelming as they sometimes can be with hairstyles. It's very flattering and the short length is ideal for showing off neckwear too^ And the MunchkinXD Hairstyle, which I think was an absolute must for including in this store! It's so stylish and sleek and I think makes everyone who wears it look like a supermodel! It fits the doll well and I think works both in dressed up and down looks. It's definitely the most popular style of the release, I've seen so many dolls wearing it I don't think I could put a number on it =D
Prices for this release range from 22 to 30SD, with no items being limited to SS/Royalty only members. Although this price total would add up quickly if you purchase a lot of pieces, I think these prices are very acceptable and are on par with previous hairstyles. Plus if you bought the original StarDesign hair, I'm sure some of these cost well in excess of 80 or 90SD's, so all under 30 and able to choose your own colour is pretty awesome!
So far I've made 4 purchases from this store and I'm really happy with the pieces I purchased. Instead of showing them hear, you can actually check out me wearing a few of them over on my brand new little side-project - What I Wore On Stardoll^^
A whole lot of people have been donning the new styles, I just picked out a few to feature who are absolutely rocking their chosen hairs:

No comments:

Post a Comment