f

Tuesday 27 June 2023

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N 5 0 | Release Review

May brought us a brand new Limited Edition release - and it's LE50, I can't believe we're 50 collections in, so crazy! We got a little warning of an upcoming release the day before which is really perfect for preparing for the chaos that LE releases usually are. I was really stoked for this one so lets get into the collection:
This collection definitely has an impact - it's a glamorous release and I think the interior setting of the store is an eye-catching base for the collection to sit against. I would have loved Stardoll to have made a bit more of a deal that this was the 50th release of LE, but I do think the collection is a pretty good one for it. Starting off with accessories and there's a pretty wide choice. There are 6 pairs of shoes, all quite glamorous heels and I really like 3 of these pairs - the Metallic Ombre Heels which are in a fabulous metallic pink, the Golden High Heels with a very fancy feathered design on the back half, and the Gold Stripe Heels which look like classic Louboutins. Generally none of the shoes are particularly unique to the Plaza, but I think they're solid designs that will naturally be quite easy to wear. For bags there are 7 to choose from, which makes me happy as I really do love a good bag selection! I ended up buying 3, but honestly could have bought them all, I think this is a great set of bags in this release. The pieces are all quite different so hopefully enough choice for everyone. I loved the Pearl Purse at first sight, I really like pearl accessories and this round bag is such a well-styled piece. I also really loved the Fan Bag when I first saw it, while it's quite a trend piece, the style is simple and I think it will look great with many different outfits, plus the neutral colour plays well to that too. I also think the size of this one is very nice. The Pink Hand Bag is the boldest of the pieces in a bright pink, I love the simple style to this one but I do think it's quite oversized - I'd love it a bit more if it was smaller. And the last one to mention is the Gold Detailed Bag, which is another round piece this time in a fabulous espresso brown and gold design, I think this is super stylish and really quite a unique piece so I'm excited to style this. The release also has quite a number of jewellery and other accessory pieces, which is really great to see. There is a cute set of pearl items with the Pearl Beret, Pearl Bracelet, Pearl Shades, and Pearl Oversized Earrings which I think is super sweet. There are also some fantastic metal pieces, like the Gold Collar Necklace and paired Twisted Necklace and Bracelet set. My favourite is perhaps a little simple, but I think the Black Hoop Earrings will be a versatile addition to my earring collection =)
The clothes of this release weren't so much my thing, I found pieces a little bit less wearable than many of the accessories - but that's just my preference and I've seen many of the pieces styled by you guys in cool ways^ There are not so many dresses in this release, which is a good thing as other pieces can be worn in more ways, but the ones there are quite nice. The Crystal Fan Dress sure stands out on the first floor, it's all about those sparkles and the dramatics. I do really like the simplicity of the Black Dress, particularly when paired with the Silver Chest Plate, the style is beautifully elegant and I think it looks fab on the doll, I just don't think I could do it justice with my style preferences. There are quite a few co-ord sets in the collection, like the White Chain Top and Skirt which really jumps out in the store, I love the floating light fabric, and the Leather Body and Pants set, but I think the Pearl Top and Silk Skirt With Ankle Cuffs really is the winning set, it just looks awesome and is completely different to anything we've had before. I do have to say though I was a little tempted with the Pink Net Top and Pants, I think it could be something quite fun, but I decided too late and they were sold out! I think they will definitely also style well as separates. The Draped Leather Jacket is quite a stand out piece from the release, all those folds and layers really draw you in to look into the details, it's such a power piece. Also in leather I thought the Flower Leather Skirt was a cute piece and would make for some very nice Autumn/Winter styling so this is one of the pieces I did get. While on the topic of skirts, the Silver Dragon Skirt is also quite fabulous, it's got so much detail in it and really makes me think of some of the classic LE collections - it's the definition of an LE piece, at least to me. And one final piece to mention, which is something I also bought and I *think* might be my favourite piece of the release, the Shiny Jacket! It's pink and shimmery and has a leopard-style print, plus the fit of the piece is great, I loved this piece at first sight and it's the one I rushed to buy when the collection was released. And as a plus, it came in both male and female versions. I'm a little surprised that I've not seen anyone else style this yet, but I'm excited to share my outfit for it =D

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is Bianca.Vos combining the White Braided Top Men, Gold Stripe Heels and the Crystal Mini Purse - what a combination and all the pieces hold their own^ This look is effortless elegance, the mesh piece layers wonderfully with the sheer maxi pieces adding great detail into this dress, those sheer sleeves really transform the piece, I love it! The shoes are just on show beneath the sheer layers and the colour is perfect for the clothing. The bag in a darker colour pops nicely but balances with the black nail polish and the fantastic hairstyle chosen. So much love for this look =D
Next up, a bold styling from harpie who wears both the Pink Net Top and Pink Net Pants which is just super fun. I was so tempted by these trousers and this styling really almost sold me on them, it makes the pieces look very wearable and even almost a little versatile. The dress layered on top is a fantastic idea, it adds an extra layer of detail and I love the draping fabric across the piece, really it's great! The sparkling accessories are also fab, adore the chunky necklace and earrings a lot^
Thirdly is Yelich, styling up both the Pearl Top and Cocktail Glass Bag in this very glamorous outfit, while it's not something I would wear, it's amazing! The jewelled skirting is a great fit with the top, I think it's a great fit for the pearls and I think the tiny dotted tights beneath just add another layer, I really love the combination^ The accessories are simple and I think the bag works well with everything, especially the simple shoes. What a styling!
Now we have Achrome wearing the Pearl Purse, Gold Rings Left and Right, and the Pearl Bracelet in a very golden styling, exactly how to catch my attention! The clothing pieces are beautiful but make a great base to show off the new LE pieces. The rings and the bag look beautiful, but I love the creativity in the use of the bracelet at the open neckline of the shirt, it looks great there. And it goes well with the other pearl jewellery items included. Simple and stylish =)
Something a little darker now, AngelinaVer styles up the Silver Dragon Skirt with some fabulous dressy pieces. Even though the skirt has a lot of detail itself, I think it works well with this detailed top, the designs on which do look like they could be dragon-esque too so I think it works well together. The simple accessories work well and the silver pieces really help the dragon scales to pop from the outfit, I love it^
Our final feature brings us fabulous Winter glamour - LeGodja has styled up the Snow White Fur and is looking amazing as always! The fur is layered ontop of a fabulous pearl/jewelled dress and I think the two are perfect for each other. While the accessories are simple, this is just right so that the fur and the sparkle of the skirt take centre stage. The heels have a little gem on them which makes them a simple but fitting choice and the bag and sunglasses fit well with the black of the shoes. So cool!

1 comment: