f

Saturday 10 September 2016

V I N Y L | Release Review

It seems a while ago now, but we did recently get another round of VINYL floors in the Plaza to explore! Again, the homepage advert has the same feel as the previous release although I do think it exhibits a good range of the clothing pieces on offer, which I think shows it should have a little something for everyone!
I do get a slightly less of a hipster vibe from this release than the previous, is that just me?! This doesn't really bother me in the slightest because I don't base my purchases on being hipster or not (I'm a little old for that^) but it might to some people. As the last time, we got two floors in this release, however I think it could have fitted into one as there are quite a few items appearing on both. There is also a male choice in this release, but to be honest I don't see it as anything too special.
I'll start up with the accessories, which are a fairly small offering from the store. There are two pairs of shoes giving a good choice with one being super casual, the Grey Suede Sneakers and one being more dressy, the Double Strap Ballerina Heels. I think the trainers are an awesome addition to the plaza and they went straight into my suite when I saw them! There's another bag in this release, the Old School Black Backpack is pretty much along the same lines as the one in the previous release, still not something I would purchase, but it's included in some of the awesome features below which you should definitely check out =D Extras with this release include the Vintage Persol Inspired Glasses, Liberty Print Inspired Headscarf and the perfect-for-the-theme Blue Rebel Cap.
And then the clothing, personally I think this contributes to the lesser-hipster feel of the store, but there is a good range of pieces available hopefully opening up the items to a wider range of people. There's a good mix of items from tops, bottoms, dresses and outerwear with an even amount of each category. There are 3 dresses on offer, and they're all more of a midi style and in a range of colours and patterns and shapes. I think the easiest favourite for a lot of people will be the Mock Neck A Line Dress, the high neck, cute cut sleeved black knee length piece which is in SC's, a whole lot of winning going on with that piece^ It's versatile and easy to wear so I think we'll see a lot of it! Then there's two different printed choices and I really like the both of them! Firstly the Plaid Check Asymetrical Dress which has a flowing feel to the whole body of material and is styled like a shift with thin straps and a modern tartan. I really like the shift style of the piece. Then there's also something totally different, the Vintage Floral Off Shoulder Dress, which to me doesn't fit the store, but I like it all the same! I'm a huge fan of off-shoulder styles, but the overall shape of this is a good one, the top half is fitted really nicely to the body and the skirts have a pretty flowed style with a good length overall. The colours are also very pretty and summery - I wish I'd had this piece at the start of summer! Next I'll mention the tops, and while I wasn't too impressed, I do quite like the sweater, the Navy Knitted Crop Top (it's totally a sweater and not just a top^). The colour is vibrant and will definitely stand out and the fit is pretty good. I like the slight crop and I think it'll be a good fit with a lot of different jeans and trousers. Outerwear next, and I think this category contains the winner of the store, the Green Bomber Jacket! I've seen it on so many people and in so many styles! The army green colour is nice, good for either autumn or spring I'd say and the fit is great, I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but it even suits my doll well^ There's also the Vintage Denim Vest, I love the washed style to this, but not such a fan of the closed fit, I think I would get more wear out if it if it was just an open piece, however in the store I really do like it paired with the Vintage Floral Off Shoulder Dress^ Again with the bottomhalves, I wasn't too impressed on the most part, but I do have quite a soft spot for the Vintage Black Red Mini Skirt, the shape and fit are very nice, and fitting with my September Wearing post! I like the almost houndstooth effect and I think it could be styled in numerous styles pretty well =D
Prices for this collection range from 9 to 12SD's with several options available in SC's. I think it feels like less SC items, however the SD prices aren't all that large and I think they're good for the pieces, so overall it gets a thumbs up!
A couple of Styled Outfits now. I purchased these two SC piece and just had to style them for you, I think they're great bargains for the Plaza! Firstly the Grey Suede Sneakers which I think makes a nice little change from the white ones I usually don, in this black and white look which lets the grey tone really shine. I loved them with trousers and found a lot of options that worked, but I was particularly interested in choosing something that would leave a little ankle on show. And then the Mock Neck A Line Dress which I've tried to dress up just a tad and chose something a little wild like this furry vest^ I went with a classic-me and chose gold for accessories but the versatility of the piece means it works with so many different colour =D
And a handful of features - it's clear that the Green Bomber Jacket is a popular one, and so I have two awesome looks with that to start with. Firstly lacky_girl.. styling it in a green based look with a few different prints, which really works for it! I also love the yellow aspects in the bag and the headband, they compliment the green but also stand out nicely^
And secondly styled by ThePerpetua in an all black style with a lot of layering and material and glitzy accessories! The jacket really suits the oversized feeling of all the clothing choices and I think it gives a good selling point. Love the green bag used, again adds another feel to the piece, really making it appealing to me =)
And next a couple of looks with the Old School Black Backpack - this one from Mia1435 also choosing the Mock Neck A Line Dress in a cool black style, I think the leather leggings are a great choice and add a good texture to the outfit. Love the accessorising also, who else would look good in a purple lip colour?!
And then Bay_watch11 going for a tad more casual with the bag. I loved the greys in this look, I think they really help the black of the bag stand out and catch your attention. Plus it totally sells me this cardigan^ I think it's also a great use of these trainers and a red lip, casual can get dressed up very nicely =D

1 comment:

  1. This bomber jacket quickly became everyone's favorite and after seeing the first featured outfit I finally feel convinced to buy it haha :D
    Also, I love Mia's outfit, It's my favorite from this post, I'm living for this mix of necklaces!

    ReplyDelete