f

Sunday 18 September 2016

I N S P I R E D B Y C L I Q U E | Release Review

Yet another brand new clothing store was released recently, this time Inspired by CLIQUE. I was quite drawn by the cute watercolour splashes on the homepage ad but not so much by the clothing, the hat and tee really didn't speak to me or call for my style, but I was intrigued to see what was inside =D
Two floors in this store, but the first thing which caught my attention was the 'about CLIQUE' button, and I really liked reading about where this store came from and it definitely helped me have a better understanding - so far all I'd seen were people complain about it in comments and on FB, but I prefer to make my own opinion about something, which I'm glad for as I quite like this store!
First up, it really is only the first floor of the release which appeals to me, the second one looks a little cheaper and the pieces more plain and less well made. They don't seem to fit quite right with the rest of the pieces or with the theme that Stardoll were going for.
Anyway, I'll start up with accessories which are pretty minimal. There are 4 pairs of shoes which is quite a lot for a small release. There are 2 pairs of heels, some boots and some casual flats which is a good range to have, although most are on the darker colour scale with just the Pink Sparkle Sneakers in a lighter tone - these are cute shoes, but not something I would really be interested in styling. Of the other shoes, I find the Black Clique Platforms look quite similar to other pairs we've had previously so I don't really take much notice. I do quite like the look of the Wang Inspired Heels with their colour contrast and cute folded down section, they're quite high though, and right now I don't have a vision of how I would work them into looks, so I'd love to see some to convince me on them^ So there are no bags in this release, but the final accessory is the Aint No Wifey Beanie, which is just something that I have no interest in whatsoever, to me it's not something that I would ever want to promote in a styling - sorry to those who do love it!
Next the clothing, which I'd say is quite varied in terms of style and items that are available. There's a lot of emphasis on separates, choosing a top and skirt or trousers rather than dresses in this store, I like this as it definitely keeps the options open a lot more and is a lot easier to choose pieces for your wardrobe. There are a couple of sets, both based on the very popular marble effect, the Black Marble Crop Top and Skirt and then the White Marble Mini Top and Skirt. I really thought I'd like the paler white option, but I think actually once you get it on your doll, I quite like the black, especially the Crop Top, I think that's something that's definitely workable into an everyday wardrobe. Then there's a whole host of other tops and shirts and trousers and jackets to be had! I'll start off briefly with the outerwear, which focuses on leather/biker jackets of which there are three varied options - Pink, Ice Blue, or Black, so that's a good range for those who like the coloured choices, with my leather jackets I kinda just stick to a classic black! Also in outerwear there is the Hip Long Faux Fur Vest which really caught my attention because it's a pretty good piece! We've had things along the same lines before, but this can be my first one^ Next I'll talk about shirts and tops, and I really love the range available with this category of clothing, with my particular favourites being the Blue White Striped Shirt (which is just about identical to the PALS Camilla Shirt) which has great shape and a neat stylish design, and also the Striped Cute Top which I love everything about, from the pattern to the adorable yet trendy sleeve design. I was also quite tempted by the Half And Half Shirt, but I find it just doesn't suit my doll too well - have any of you go great stylings with it? =) Lastly with the bottomhalves, again theres a good choice for us, with loose boyfriend Baggy Ripped Jeans, or slimmer White Ripped Knee Jeans or even something in a shade of green that you hadn't though about for jeans in the Green Tight Jeans. Personally I'm leaning to the White Ripped Knee Jeans but I'm still questioning about whether or not I can pull off the ripped-knee style! If jeans aren't what you're after then there's also the White Loose Fit Pants, however I think they're awfully identical to the Nelly The Luxe Pants, as I have those, I won't be purchasing this newer pair, but the option is there!
So price range for this collection is 8 to 15SD's, which I think is very reasonable for the pieces. However there are no SC items, which some people may find disappointing.
And now styled outfits! So far these are the only items I've bought, but I might make a move on a few others soon^ First up the Striped Cute Top, which I stuck with minimal colours for, and the waistband of these trousers was a perfect fit for the bottom of the top so I knew they were a must-pair^ Kept the rest of the look simple with white heels and this leather jacket leaving one sleeve out to show off the pretty frilled hem. Secondly the Hip Long Faux Fur Vest, which I decided to wear as more of a scarf around the neck. Love these pale beiges which let the fur tones stand out. I tried numerous different accessories, but I felt like everything was drawing some attention away from the piece itself so I just went plain and wore shoes only^ And last up the Blue White Striped Shirt in a super casual styling with jeans and trainers. My one concession was a totally different bag, and I went with something black, which not only stands out and pulls my attention to the look, but really highlights the blues in the shirt, which I quite liked seeing =D
I really struggled finding a lot of looks featuring these new items this time around, but I did manage to get one - and it's a good 'un =D This is from bey22304 who has gone with the Blue White Striped Shirt in a formal style with these awesome navy pinstripe trousers. The pair go together well and I like the addition of the white polo, it helps the blue stand out^ Metallic accessories are awesome with these earrings and shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment