f

Monday 29 February 2016

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

Now finally what you've probably all been waiting for - my LE review! This collection came out on Friday after a tense wait of 'what time will it be released?'! I was lucky enough to be able to log in at work and get some pieces, so a relief on my part. I love the homepage ad, I think it fits in with current styles and vibes and think it really makes the collection have an impressive impression, so lets get on and take a look inside^
We got 3 floors packed with pieces in this release, mostly female clothing with the seemingly obligatory male outfit - it's alright, nothing too special though I don't think, however I would have liked a polo equivalent for us ladies, I would definitely wear one! Colour-wise, everything was pretty much on the scale of black to white, with a few reds thrown into the mix, as someone who easily styles these colours, the collection is already a winner^
So we got a pretty good variety of pieces from accessories through to clothing. As usual I'll begin with the accessories and there was a good range of shoes and bags, with just a couple of jewellery pieces and just one pair of sunglasses available. I really like the Modern Classic Shades and think they're a good staple accessory from the collection. In terms of shoes I quite liked most pairs although some definitely are of a certain taste - I wouldn't be able to wear the Red Heel Platforms or the Ultra High Patent Platforms, but at the other end of the scale I love the Graphic Stripe LE Pumps and Lace Strap Heels and the LE Herringbone Booties. And moving on from heels, my favourite piece of the collection is the pair of Ultra Modern Flats - they have a great graphic and style and they are amazing and dreamy! Considering I used to be an 'always heels' person, this is a nice change for my style =) The bags are all pretty good too - definitely a step up from the last LE collection. The Denim Insert LE Bag is a great piece and I wish I'd been able to get it, nevertheless it will look good in just about any outfit style. But there are some pretty good pieces among the rest, and well designed too - the Studded LE Bag definitely reminds me of some earlier releases and for me is a good classic-with-a-twist piece! There were two pairs of earrings available, and they are still for sale as they seem like unpopular choices in the collection. There's nothing wrong with either the LE Padlock Earrings or the Modern Geo Earrings, but they're just nothing too special, which is a bit of a shame when the rest of the collection is pretty good! Oh and there's a hair too! The Sleek Chic LE Hair seemed popular in the spoilers, although it was a bit slow to sell, so maybe it doesn't suit as many people? It doesn't really work for me, but I'm not sure I was planning on purchasing it anyway.
So now the bulk of the release - the clothes! There is a pretty good mix between dresses, trousers, tops and jackets which I quite like seeing from a collection. I'll start with the outerwear, where there were a few leather or pleather styled pieces, the Lipstick Patent Coat and the LE Belted Raincoat, which aren't so much my style but seemed popular choices. The favourite, I get the feeling, was the Pure White Coat with a cute hands-in-pockets pose, and I wish I had bought it because some of the features below are amazing with this piece! Another popular piece was the Oversize Belted Coat (although it seems more like a cardigan to me) with it's grey tone and complex shapes and styling. For tops there was definitely a smaller choice, but it was still a good one with two classic white shirts - the Double Layer LE Shirt and the Crisp Sheer Shirt. I also like the summery Woven Monochrome Tank that the store offered - I feel like I've seen something of a similar style before and thought this could be a secret hit from the store, it's a piece I really liked styling below! For bottomhalves, there were no skirts or shorts, just trousers but this doesn't bother me because I loved the Pleated LE Suit Pants, the Pleated LE White Suit Pants and the Pleated Burgundy Pants, pieces I knew I wanted to get as soon as I'd seen the spoilers! There's also a few pairs of skinnies and some very odd pieces, which I have to say I don't like at all, I just have no interest in wearing Built In Heels Denim or PVC, sorry! And then dresses, which really are a focus of the collection however I didn't find myself purchasing any. Most of the pieces are short styles, with the exception of the LE Monochrome Maxi which is designed pretty well. So I wasn't much a fan of the short dresses or the unique styling of the Modern Tailoring Dress, but the casually-styled Draped Chic LE Dress did catch my eye. It doesn't really suit my doll so much though and it is a little pricey for what it is when there are similar pieces available in Nelly - so I was a little disappointed in that.
Prices for this collection range from 20 for the smaller accessories to 175 for the dresses, but most pieces were between 50 and 150, so about standard for an LE collection - nothing shocked me with it's price that I didn't buy it, so I guess that's a good thing!

Because there are so many features this post, I've limited the number of Styled Outfits I did for what I bought, so I'm sure you'll see further looks in the future =) Firstly the 3 pairs of trousers (white, black and burgundy) and I really enjoyed styling these with more oversized pieces, I think it's a style they go well with but I look forward to testing out different colour schemes with them!
And then a selection of the other items I bought. Firstly the Double Layer LE Shirt and the Phone Included Purse - I knew this was a shirt I wanted immediately and it looks perfect in dressed-up styles like this. The bag was a little of a last-minute decision and I was able to purchase it after seeing some other dolls styling it. Then the Woven Monochrome Tank along with the Graphic Stripe LE Pumps. I bought the tank to give it a chance as I think it's got some potential it just needs a little love^ The shoes make a nice change for me from all black or all white, so I hope to mix them into a few different styles. Then finally something based on accessories, featuring the Ultra Modern Flats and the Studded LE Bag, the bag again was a later purchase when I was checking the store at the end of the day, but the flats were something I wanted after seeing the spoilers, I adore these shoes and this look is definitely a firm favourite of mine!
And now a huge amount of features (12!) - there really are so many dolls out there styling this collection amazingly! This is 3melekbir_arada who has gone for the Pure White Coat in a classic all-white look, but what I love is using the print dress, it stands out on it's own and therefore draws my eye to the whole look, great job =)
Next is a regular, aby400, styling the Denim Insert LE Bag in a perfect matching look. The black and bluey denim colours of the clothes work perfectly, as does using this wide styled shrug - it all works greatly^
And then cami-camilla who has opted for the Modern Stripe Cardigan. I thought about this piece for quite a while, but this look totally does it justice! It looks awesome with just white and a black bag and really lets the red details pop =)
A dark look to go with the cloudy interior from bloom_xx_layla in this one, styling the Angular Modern Blazer, the Modern Classic Shades and the LE Weekend Bag - a piece I was curious to see in an outfit, but it looks awesome here in the whole overall look.
And now some deep colour from a favourite, Mia1435! Styling the Angular Modern Blazer too, but along with the Pleated Burgundy Pants in a total burgundy look and it's very dreamy! I love the accessorising too along with the beauty choices^
A darker base is brought to our eyes in this look from Violessa with the Pure White Coat - what a great match for those trousers! The sunglasses give a great style to the look as well, and I love the tones of the red back against the cream.
More burgundy and black from B.E.A.T.K.A also styling the Pleated Burgundy Pants in an all burgundy way! The fur is a fabulous addition and I think it really sells the trousers. Also some great beauty choices with the long straight hair and the dark lip^
Something much brighter now from Invlle styling the Modern Tailored Waistcoat in a perfect way! She's gone with golden chains rather than the silver on offer in the store and I think it works well. The bag is a great pop of colour too!
Another look with the Pure White Coat, but also featuring the Phone Included Purse and the Pleated LE Suit Pants from Mh91. The pieces go together well and work surprisingly with some trainers and fabulous earrings =D
Singiel now, and styling the Geometric Shirt Dress. I think it suits the fur well and also the yellow accessories, they're a great match for the styling of the dress. It's plain and simple but it works^
And yet another look with the Pure White Coat, this time from millaxx and also featuring the Laced Strap Heels - the pair look great together and also with this lace detailed top, a fab combination!
And the final look! This is from sindiralle, styling the Pleated LE White Suit Pants in a blush-tones look. I love this combination and they suit the pinks/nudes/snakep-print very well and this is giving me some more ideas for these trousers =D

1 comment:

  1. Been waiting for this post - great job to you and all dolls :) Loved this collection X

    ReplyDelete