f

Friday 25 July 2014

LE | Release Review

So the brand new collection of LE came out today, as expected - what wasn't expected was me logging in at 9am and barely 5 minutes later it was all available, how perfect! Anyway, I have to say we were pretty prepared for this collection having had the Face of LE competition on Instagram which was won by the wonderful and deserving xxEwelina1996xx! I even told her last week that I hoped she would win =) Her entries were fab and you guys should check them out! Anyway, as we knew, the collection would be grunge/hip-hop/Kate Moss but it's quite different to what was expected I think, so let's take a gander:
We had 3 floors packed with numerous outfits kinda almost on the given theme, and we also had 3 outfits for guys - in the past handful of collections we have been seeing more LE clothing for guys which is great, and is definitely heading in the right direction providing for a slightly wider audience, however compared the the girls clothing, they're not really the best pieces. Anyway, we had a variety of tops, bottoms and dresses along with the usual bunch of accessories - and speaking of accessories, I was a bit disappointed with them, and out of over 20 items I only ended up purchasing one hat. Normally I'm a bit bigger on the accessories of LE collections, but they are designed quite well and are based on some great RL pieces, plus they do fit with the collection, I know some people will love them though, especially those Cowboy Boots and the Celine wedges! I think it's quite obvious that neither grunge nor hip-hop are my style if you've seen even just a couple of my outfits, so I wasn't holding out much hope for finding more than one or two clothing items in the collection to work for my style, but I managed to get a whole handful of pieces! To me this really says that the collection wasn't really all that grunge/hip-hop like, but I do see Kate Moss in there a bit, especially with that pretty maxi dress, one of the first pieces I quite happily added to my basket! A few of the people I've seen discussing the collection seem to be on the same chain of thought that it's not very grunge-like, but really it doesn't bother me that much.
Prices for the collection ranged from 35 to 220 SD's, which is pretty average for an LE collection and really shouldn't shock anyone. I ended up choosing the more simple pieces which could easily combine into my wardrobe and pieces which I can see I will love wearing. I'm not able to do my typical stylings of anything right now, but I'll have those all prepared for you over the weekend - but right now I'd like to see what you guys can do! Show me your best stylings of the new LE collection pieces that you have bought in the comments and there may be a little something in it for you^^

2 comments:

  1. I woke up at half 9 so I was slightly late but still got everything I wanted.
    I actually really liked this collection, I bought 13 items + the interior which is the most I've ever bought from one collection, though I did have a bigger budget as I spent around 900sd on it. While it wasn't really grunge I'm happy with the pieces I got, the Dallas Belted Blouse is definitely my favourite.
    Anyway, these are two LE outfits I've made so far:
    http://i.imgur.com/LF8J5pl.png (I decided to embrace the cowboy-ish style)
    http://i.imgur.com/St3sEXx.png

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite item is the Chain Dallas Hat because I like hats. I also bought the Celine Wedges and the Sherriff Snake Wedges.
    http://i.imgur.com/0MBVxmw.png

    ReplyDelete