f

Wednesday 3 August 2022

Read Between the Lines

Last week I was waxing lyrical about the benefits of layering to change up a dress and I'm at it again. This time it's a less about colour - I mean there's none at all - and more about lines

This is a Dries Van Noten dress that I stumbled across in the bazaar for a bargain. I've styled it a handful of times already since my return because I thought it had a lot of potential, but every time I think I've come up a bit short. The cut outs at the waist are a bit low, the sleeves aren't quite wide enough to be a feature and the length is suprisingly conservative. 
 
But combined with the lines of an old Balmain bodysuit? It's a winner. All the weird proportions don't bother me anymore because my eye is jumping all over the place to follow the new shapes. I'm leaning into that with complimentary Dries Van Noten shoes that keep 50% of your toes warm, a sculptural purse and graphic eyeliner that really enhances how wall-eyed my doll is, bless her. 
 
Finally, these bold earrings from the latest Elie Saab tribute give a bit of levity and fine detail. You could easily have gone graphic with them as well, but I like the vibe contrast here and I really wanted to show off something from a tribute that had some really strong accessorites. I think I'll be coming back to these earrings for sure.
 
Featuring:
Van Noten Inspired Dress • Inspired by Dries Van Noten Tribute
Balmain Inspired Cut Out Body • Inspired by Balmain Tribute
Black and Gold Earrings • Inspired by Elie Saab Tribute
Accordian Bag • Inspired by Y Project Tribute 
Van Noten Inspired BW Shoes • Inspired by Dries Van Noten Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment