f

Monday 15 August 2022

I N S P I R E D B Y I R I S V A N H E R P E N | Tribute Styled By You

The third tribute of the season is here - Iris Van Herpen! This one really isn't my style at all, the designs are super creative and instantly recognisable, but for me they're generally not too wearable and don't fit my style or preferences. But I still wanted to record that the collection exists so today I'm just sharing a couple of features from the collection. I haven't seen many dolls wearing this collection at all, so I guess a lot of people also feel the same way about the wearability.
There are three floors to the store, which is actually more than I was expecting when I saw the brand, and I do like that there are a range of colours available across the pieces - but still, this one just isn't for me. First up with a feature is harpie who styles the White Platforms, the shoes are definitely the most versatile options in the release! These really look great popping out against the fabulous trousers, the print and the ruffled hems really draw your attention down to the shoes and highlight them in the styling. The rest of the look balances well, the pink sheer top looks great with the trousers and the white shirt cuffs just peeking out make a nice touch to balance the white of the shoes. The bag is such a fun touch, it pops without taking focus from the shoes and fits with the trouser print perfectly^
And the second feature comes from Natasasitsa who wears the Water Waves Dress in such a glamorous way, it's not something I had imagined for this piece - in fact, I struggled to see how this piece would be styled at all. The two dresses are such a great fit for each other, the colours blend together perfectly and the wave design of the main piece really complements the colours and design of the other dress included. The accessories are fab, I love these silver shoes, they really pop and also balance well with the platinum hairstyle (which I love too^), and I think the blue tartan bag is such a fun idea, the colours really work nicely with the rest of the look =D

1 comment: