f

Monday 1 January 2024

I T G I R L S | Release Review

I have my fingers crossed for the Winter Tribute season to start soon, but in the meantime - a new collection was released in It Girls with a mix of transitional Winter-Spring pieces in a range of colours and styles, lets take a look:
The release is the usual size for a regular store release and comes with a good mix of clothing and accessories pieces in different styles, fabrics and colours. Starting with the accessories, I think the bags really are stand out in this category. There are 3 to choose from and they offer both both neutral and fun styles. The Beige Purse and Black Bag are great basic pieces and I'm really a fan of the smaller size of these as they will be easy to work into many outfits. Also a quick note, if you're SS/Royalty, the Black Bag is this weeks free gift on the Superstar page^ Then there is also the Leather And Denim Bag and if you're thinking this looks familiar, then you're correct - this is inspired by the Loewe 'hammock' style of bag and we've already had basically the same bag but from a different angle. This is from Velvet Orchid, the Jeans Leather Bag, which you can still buy in the Plaza - not great Stardoll! Anyway, onto the clothing pieces, of which there are 10 pieces to choose from. My eye automatically goes to the white/beige pieces and I think these are very nice - I really love the White Long Skirt and Pleated Blouse (although this seems more like a dress to me!) a lot, the styles are simple yet very nice and these pieces both look great on the doll. They will be great for layering for Winter stylings now, but will also be fab in the Spring/Summer. The Knit Braid Dress is also quite nice, I love the idea of it, but I don't think it looks quite as good on the doll as the other pieces, I think the positioning of the waist isn't quite right (when I tried it on at least). Then there are a couple of other knit-style pieces, and in that category I'm really liking the One Sleeve Sweater, this brown piece is super cute and has a very sweet sleeve detail on it's one sleeve. It's definitely unique in the Plaza and I think it could make some great neutral toned Winter looks. There is also the Red Turtleneck Sweater, which I love the colour of but I think the diamond-line design is potentially off-putting to some, I would have preferred this to be a little more subtle, but I still think it will make some nice stylings. The final pieces to mention are the Marine Serre-inspired Moon Top and Leggings which are a sweet Winter co-ord. The design is simple and I like the brown base to them, but they're not so much pieces that I would wear. I think I could be convinced otherwise though if I see a fabulous and creative styling with them!

F E A T U R E S
First up is harpie who styles the Pleated Blouse very elegantly and creatively. This piece layers beautifully and that way there will be so many looks for it, this one is great to start with^ I love the skirting especially, it has a vintage look to it which I think looks fab and works well with the pleated and fluted sleeves of the blouse. The simple accessories are effective and pretty, but I love the elaborate earring choice, so fabulous =D
Then we have Izzy_Star who has opted for the White Long Skirt in this sleek minimal styling, matching the beautiful decor design. This is an outfit that really highlights the beauty of 'less is more', the skirt really hasn't needed much added to look amazing. The white sheer top is fab with it, and the matching bra underneath is perfect. I adore the simple yet very stylish accessories, the pointed sandals and dinky designer bag are great final touches =)
And the final feature comes from Bianquette wearing the Red Turtleneck Sweater and really doing a good job at trying to make me want this piece! The pattern doesn't stand out so much in this styling, which is really nice. I love all the use of red in the look, it's definitely not too much at all and I think the bag is such a great fit for the sweater, along with the delicate necklace choices. The brown skirt is such a fitting piece and it works perfectly at not being overwhelmed by red. I really love this fun and creative styling of such a bold colour!

S T Y L I N G S
I've just bought two pieces so far, but there's a couple of others that I think I will be picking up too. First up is the White Long Skirt which really looks great in a number of stylings, I wanted to go for something a little on the casual side and I think it works nicely with this oversized sweater. With the stripes on the sweater being black I decided to use that for my accessories and I stuck with simple pieces. I'm really loving this look a lot and I think this skirt will be a great staple piece for the upcoming Spring/Summer season. Despite already owning the other almost identical bag, I did also get the Leather And Denim Bag which I had fun styling, I love this outfit so much! After styling this one, I do think I prefer this version over the other one. Anyway, I decided to style it with jeans and was super pleased to find a perfect denim match for the bag, I love this pairing a lot^ With some brown accessories, I kept the rest of the clothing simple choosing this white shirt which is a classic and makes for an effective styling to highlight the bag. I am also loving this ponytail hairstyling with this look, I think it all just comes together nicely =)

1 comment: