f

Monday 8 January 2024

W I L D C A N D Y | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Between the Christmas and New Year period we got a brand new release of Wild Candy (Couture) which is a great way to spend all those SC's that I've been collecting up! The release is quite mixed in styles and colours, but I do think the graphics and overall designs look pretty good and there's definitely some pieces in there which will be popular. First up, some features^ This is Bianca.Vos who wears the Pink Dress in this fun layered styling - the magenta pink and the cobalt blue are super popping and eye-catching! The dress has a lot going on with the train, the pretty draping and the cutout pattern, so it definitely doesn't need too much added for a stand out look. The gathering details on the top really complement the dress design details well. The delicate silver jewellery pieces look fab and I think are perfect for finishing off this outfit =)
And then we have the ever fabulous harpie styling up the Black Bow Top - all ready for a party for sure! This look really shows that just because an item is from an SC store, doesn't mean it can't look amazing, the bow top makes for the perfect New Years party top. It looks great with the glitter sleeves and the sheer bodice. The trousers with statement buckle are a great addition, as are the silver accessories - those earrings in particular are perfection here and are great with the bow!
Back to bright with this styling from taise who has picked the Orange Dress to wear and looks great doing so! The look is simple, but this dress has plenty of features that definitely need a more simple styling to show off, the twisted shoulder detail and the hem-line for example. I love the glittered tights added, these are so fun, and the Dior bag is a great colour fit for the dress - this pairing definitely makes me want to give this piece a chance =D
Next is Mia1435 who wows in the Gold Lace Dress - this is a piece that I quite liked, but wasn't quite sure how to style it, well, this is how! The black sparkling bustier under the dress is just perfect, it looks completely part of the dress and for me at least, makes it a little more wearable. The accessories are great additions, I'm loving the sparkly gloves in particular, but also the clutch, fitting perfectly with the nude of the skirt, and the heels are a good balance against the black in the dress, love it!
And the final styling from this release comes from sorenita styling the Ripped Dress and really making it look like such a wearable piece - I couldn't imagine at all how it would be styled, so this really impresses me a lot =) The dress looks amazing layered ontop of this white midi skirt and white boot pairing, the blue pops and the rip design really catches the eye. The mixed-denim jacket ontop is great, the lighter tone really works well with the white while the darker tone highlights the dress. The accessorising is also great, love the hoop earrings and furry coat^
And now my stylings, I quite like a few of the pieces but have just picked up the co-ord to try so far. First up, the Brown Top which is a loose piece with a drawstring neck - I'm not sure how much I like the neck design, but I really liked the colour and fit of this piece. I think casual is the automatic though for this piece, but I really wanted to keep away from that and went quite dressy which I think worked out quite well. I stuck with brown tones with the trousers and I'm so pleased with the colour pairing of these pieces. I decided to add black in the accessories, along with the brown bag, and I'm really happy with the colour mix outcome. Then I also picked up the Layered Skirt which I'm really so happy with, this is a fab skirt with both a great colour and ruffled design. I really loved styling this and was inspired by some runway looks to go for this pale yellow blouse with the brown. The Gucci-inspired piece inspired the rest of the choices in the look and overall I'm just so pleased with everything in this one!

1 comment: