f

Saturday 13 January 2024

2024 C O L O U R S | Baby Blue

Images: Proenza Schouler, Loewe, Proenza Schouler, Givenchy, Proenza Schouler
This baby blue is super sweet and I'm really feeling quite inspired with some of the runway looks I've been seeing that include this colour - I've got quite a few pieces in this shade in my closet, and have made some great stylings with them in the past, I'm ready for a 2024 refresh with them! The one thing I'm hoping for in the Plaza this season is more bags and belts in this colour range, we have a lot of baby blue shoes already and I think I need some more bags, and maybe some earrings too^ I love the contrasting runway looks that include baby blue - black, red? Anything goes! And I think that's the fresh take and inspiration I need for this colour. The BASICS store in the Plaza has some amazing baby blue pieces, at SC prices, there's no reason not to give this colour trend a try =)
I really loved working with all of these pieces - I was just feeling so enthusiastic and inspired about it, which I'm so pleased about, I know I'll be wearing this colour a lot this year. I love the versatility of the blue, it really works well with lights, darks and bold colours in between and stands out in all the stylings. I was particularly inspired by the Givenchy looks pairing blue with red and I'm so pleased that translated into an outfit for my doll, I'm so in love with this first styling - it's such a simple one, but I think it's so chic and really screams baby blue! And the colour works so well dressed both up and down as the second and third looks relay. And I think it's a colour that layers up really well, I'm all for the blue on blue on blue, and the third look is perfect at highlighting that =D

F E A T U R E S
I love this outfit by outofdreams who opts for a sheeny baby blue in this sweet layered look^ The high-neck sleeveless dress looks great and perfect for Spring layered with this equally sheeny blouse. The thigh-high socks area also super cute and really balance the colours nicely in the look. The black heels bring in that contrast seen on the runway and I really love that for this styling!
And then we also have a look from lovelybrody who has styled up a fabulous Winter-ready look, I love it! This dress is one I don't think I've seen styled, and being a maxi design with a lot of skirt layers, I do think it's a trickier one to work with - but this outfit ticks all the boxes and maybe even makes me want to try it out myself^ It layers beautifully with a blue top underneath and the white gloves are a fab accessory at the end of the long sleeves, along with the furry addition. I'm also loving the navy touches here, the bow at the neck is super eye-catching =)

T S L P L A Z A P I C K S

No comments:

Post a Comment