f

Sunday 21 January 2024

2018 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

W I N T E R 2 0 1 8
Hot off the revisit to the Winter 2017 Tributes, it's time to look back to 2018! This season had 6 releases, which does include one that was a combination of a Tribute and and Antidote release; these were Fendi, Prada, Moschino/Antidote, Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford and Off-White. Looking back, this season had a really nice mix of designs, styles, colours and fabrics, I really think a little something for everyone - and a number of classic pieces that we still love a lot today. I don't think I can count how many times I've styled the McQueen Trousers Black because it's just too many^

F E N D I
For me at least, this Fendi release was a great one, especially looking back at it a few years down the line. I just love all the brown and earth tones to the collection while still bringing details and some really beautiful patterns and colour combinations - I'm looking at you Fendi Inspired Pattern Fur Coat and Fendi Inspired Romb Dress! The accessories in this collection are some of the most lasting, I see them styled all the time, which really keeps me thinking about this release.

A L E X A N D E R M C Q U E E N
This Alexander McQueen collection is one of the most memorable Tribute collections for me - so simple yet super stylish, the pieces were and still are super versatile and the styles are classics, they really have lasted and still look great today. These are some of the pieces that I do see styled quite often on dolls, so I think it's a bit of a universal favourite. I already mentioned the McQueen Trousers Black and I think many will agree what a perfect pair of trousers these are, but the boot selection in this release is fabulous, and despite the overall collection being quite small, I think it offers something for everyone.

T O M F O R D
The Tom Ford release in this Tribute season has been our only one from this brand, and I'd say it was a super strong one! I'd like to see some more from this in the Plaza based on this first release, but it's not a brand I'm super familiar with. This release was super fun, and while the above Tributes satisfy my neutral needs, this one has fabulous pops of colour and print along with metallics. The silvers in this one were great but the coloured Jaguar Sandals in three different colours remain to be some of my favourite Tribute shoes of all time, just amazing pairs to have in a collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment