f

Thursday 7 July 2022

V E L V E T O R C H I D | Styled Outfits

We recently got a new release of Velvet Orchid in the Plaza - it was a bit of a mixed bag which included new pieces, recolours and also some identical pieces to a previous Antidote release, so a little strange but I still picked up some items and have really enjoyed styling them. I did also buy the Braided Earrings which are in a fab lilac colour, but they got a little lost in the blonde hair so I will wear those when I'm brunette again^ First up is the Green Frilled Top (which was originally an Antidote piece), this is such a fun Spring/Summer item, I love the colour and all of those frills are fabulous! I didn't have any big ideas initially for this piece but I knew I wanted to keep it light and Summery, and this skirt fitted the bill well, plus I think it works well with the style of the top. For accessories I opted for greens, these shoes are a great colour match for the top and this bag gets another outing as it works well with both the top and skirt^ Next are the Crystal Boots which I found a little trickier to style as the darker shade of green isn't one I have a lot of. But I do love my outfit and I think this overcoat was a great choice even if it's not well suited to Summer! The white in the rest of the look brings lightness and a slightly more Summer vibe, I really like the length of these trousers over the boots, I think it looks perfect. Mixed up the accessories with both white and green and love these final touches. And the final piece is the Jeans Leather Bag, which I honestly bought because it's inspired by a Loewe bag and I'm very keen to try out the style - it was definitely harder than I thought it would be, but that was down to the colour rather than the style. The mix of tan and blue was hard to work with, I struggled finding clothing in the right shade of each to base a look off of and actually made three looks before choosing my favourite, I really love this one! These brown trousers are a perfect fit with the bag, and this blue top is just about the right shade. The colours do make a fun combination to try out, but it's not something I would wear everyday. Finding the right pair of shoes was another task, I'm pretty happy with the pair I've chosen^

No comments:

Post a Comment