f

Sunday 13 January 2019

I N S P I R E D B Y T O M F O R D | Tribute Review

The fourth Tribute of the season is here, and it's a brand new one - Tom Ford! It's super fun getting something completely new, and I'm not hugely familiar with the brand, so I'm excited to see something new to me at least^ The advertising looks pretty fun, although maybe a little night-club for me, but lets see how it fares!
Highlights There is definitely a general disco feeling coming from this store, mostly from the interior I think, although it is a very nice shade of purple! I actually think the collection fits together very nicely, I see the pieces working well together and the vibe is just right between everything - while red leopard print won't necessarily work for everyone, I do think there is a decent range of styles and ideas in this release =) Also some great male pieces in this release^
Accessories My eyes were immediately attracted to the shoes of this release, they are stunning! There are 3 pairs of the same style in different colours, but it works well and the bright tones really catch your attention. The Jaguar Sandals come in Purple, Green and Red and are a slingback kitten heel (love!) with a silver sparkle down the front (even more love!) - what great shoes^ The range of colours makes them versatile, they'll work in a lot of looks and I'm super excited to see what I wear them with and what others wear them with as well!
There are also 3 bags in the release, and I think they're also pretty good - the Velvet Mini Natalia Bag is a crossbody, red-leopard piece and while I like the idea, red leopard isn't quite my thing, I also think the printing isn't quite right on it, I think if it were a smaller print it could look a more elegant piece. Then there are 2 silver pieces, the Metallic City Tote which has a cool hoop-style handle and a zipper around the body of the bag, and the silver looks good too, then there is the Quilted Crystal Bag which is definitely my favourite of the 3, I love the quilting and the chain handles are really quirky in style. There are just 2 other accessories, but I think they're pretty great ones, the Leather Headband, a style which has been popular over the site across the past few seasons, and also the Chrystal Hoop Earrings which are just stunning! They look amazing on the doll and really stand out, I'm excited to style these^
Clothing Now for the clothing - the leopard print sure takes over! There are 7 leopard prints in the release, 5 of which are red^ It's definitely not so much my thing, but I think some of you guys are enjoying it. The Ruffled Mini Dress is pretty cute, I like the overall style and shape, the skirting is super pretty, but it's a little too red. The outerwear is pretty good too, 2 pieces, the Jaguar Printed Puffer Coat and Tom Ford Inspired Jaguar Jacket give you a choice of styles. I do like the non-red leopard pieces a lot more, mainly the Leopard Liquid Sequin Top which is a super cute black and silver polo - it's definitely got a versatility to it and I think it's the most wearable of the printed pieces.
Metallics also are big in this release, I love the bold silver in the pairing of the Tom Ford Inspired Silver Blazer and Silver Leggings. The Blazer has a great fitted shape, I like the one-button look and the square shoulders are super. The silver looks great on these pieces. The menswear blazer is also pretty good, the Copper Jacket has such a great colour, it's one I wish also came in a fit for the girls! The Blazer Dress is the most minimal piece of the release, although I see it more as outerwear than a dress, nevertheless the shape is beautiful, the belting gives shape at the waist and the silver detailing is very smart, it just looks fabulous on the doll! And in contrast to the minimal, the 'maximal' comes with the Tom Ford Inspired Fur Coat, it's got a little of everything - furry leopard printing, different sizes of prints, sleek faux fur, florals, brights and a puffa-style hem, I wasn't sure about this piece at first, but actually after a few days of looking at it, I'm quite liking the idea of it =)
Prices This release ranges from 16 to 36SD's which is about right for Tributes. There are no SC items and no pieces are limited to SS or Royalty members.
Styled Outfits I ended up buying quite a few pieces from this release, which definitely surprised me, but I had a good time working with the pieces and I'm definitely excited to wear the pieces more. Firstly the Leopard Liquid Sequin Top and Jaguar Sandals Purple, paired with violet trousers, I just love the combination! The leather jacket helps to minimise the printing, and the bag is a stylish addition which has a little silver trim to work with the top and shoes. Secondly the Tom Ford Inspired Silver Blazer and Jaguar Sandals Red - the blazer is super jazzy and works well with a minimal base, the shoes adding a little colour for some accessories too. The silver on the shoes means the blazer works with them, or any of the colours the shoes come in. And in the third styling, the Quilted Crystal Bag and Chrystal Hoop Earrings, styled up with some other silver accessories and standing out against a navy background, I love the colours together, the silver has blue tones which work well with these clothes. It's a great twist on a smart styling and I love wearing it!
Features And now for the features! A couple of looks with the Jaguar Printed Puffer Coat, this first one is from beringelalara also adding the Jaguar Stockings to the styling - I don't think it's too much, the black dress and polo make a good contrast and I really love the bag pairing and use in the outfit =)
Anaritamiranda also wears the Jaguar Printed Puffer Coat, wearing a lot more black, I love the leopard with the lace printing on the skirt, it's a stand out combination and I also love the daintiness of the lace and tulle with the print and colour!
Next up in a more casual styling, millaxx wears the Sequin Sweater and the Quilted Crystal Bag with jeans and a leather jacket for dressing down. I really like this layering, the pieces aren't obvious, but styled in a minimal way which works effectively for them. I really like the black boots in the styling too^
In this next styling sakuradream wears the Blazer Dress and looks so elegant and effortless in doing so! It works well with the trousers and minimal accessories. I love the contrast of the brown sunglasses and the plaited hair looks super cute - this is a look which could be worn everyday and never get old!
I'm so glad that bandersnatch has styled the menswear Copper Jacket and looks amazing! I really love that it can be made to work out for the female dolls as well. The colour is beautiful and styles well minimally with these black trousers and also the black accessories. The belting adds good shape to the piece and it makes it very tempting for me to purchase =)
And the final feature now, rob_sef7 wearing the Velvet Mini Natalia Bag and Jaguar Sandals Green which look great against the printing on the sweater, it doesn't overpower the printing on the pieces because the coat really balances the colours out nicely. I also really love the look of the checked trousers, super sweet in the styling^

1 comment: