f

Saturday 14 January 2023

S U B C O U T U R E WINTER 2022 | Styled Outfits

Posting about another SUBCOUTURE release - a two-floor store packed with street style vibes for Winter 2022. This one has very similar vibes to the last Subcouture release however has a Winter-twist to the pieces with warmer styles included. Overall I really liked the boot selection in this release, there is a nice selection of pieces and even though they're not all to my style, I think as a whole they're a stand-out part of the collection. I thought the Cobalt Boots looked great, however I have a very similar pair so didn't need to pick up another, and I also really liked the slouched design of the Denim Boots and Sharpa Boots. Last to mention are the Zebra Boots, these are super cute, but I just wasn't sure how I would style them. For the clothing I really like the mix of colours on offer, but the styles weren't all so much to my liking - however I did still pick up a couple of pieces and I had a great time styling them! First up is the Colorful Patterned Top, I love the mix of colours and the glitter all over the piece along with the long sleeved design, but wasn't so sure about the cropped style. However I think I found the perfect pair of trousers to make up for the cropping, and I really love this pairing^ I stuck withe yellow and orange tones for the accessories and was so pleased to try out this bag with the outfit because the print is a perfect fit for the top - I'll be repeating this combination for sure! Next is the matching Colorful Patterned Skirt, and I generally think I would always style these two pieces separately and not together. While I did include a little yellow in the bag and earrings, I opted to focus on green for adding to the rest of the look and I'm super happy with this outfit overall, I think this shirt and the shoes are fantastic with the skirt. This is definitely a fun Summer look! And lastly from the clothing is the Long Brown Leather Coat which is one of the more simple pieces of the release and I also think one of the most wearable and versatile. I knew I wanted to stick with neutral tones for this look, I have plenty of brown and beige trousers to choose from and I really liked the looser fit to the pair I chose. Then I went a little rogue and chose trainers, but I love the outcome and the colour of this pair suit the outfit well. With the light colours also on the trainers I kept the top half of the look light with a white shirt and earrings, but my favourite addition has to be this bag - I've been trying to include it in a look for such a long time and I've finally found the perfect place for it =D
Then I did also pick up a couple of accessories - first here is the Oversized Shoulder Bag which I thought was quite a fun piece with a unique style. I really liked the leather-on-leather idea and am very happy to have tried that out with this one, I think the bag goes nicely with this jacket and also the boots. I tried quite a few options for the bottom-half of the styling and was very tempted by some purple sheeny trousers but actually decided to opt for something softer, and I think this skirt is a really fun touch! And the last piece is the Black Purse With Holes, this reminds me a lot of another piece, but I just can't think of which release it came from, but it's a pretty simple piece with a lot of styling options. I wanted to use some other holed or dotted pieces in the look and decided on these shoes which really made all the decisions about clothing for me - the white trousers really let the black pop and the red top adds some vibrancy. Stuck with black for the accessories to round the look off and I'm very happy with the outcome =)

No comments:

Post a Comment