f

Saturday 21 January 2023

I N S P I R E D B Y V I V I E N N E W E S T W O O D | Tribute Review

The 2022/2023 Winter Tribute Season is finally here - hooray! I love Tributes so I'm really looking forward to the upcoming releases. The season is starting off with a bang, Inspired By Vivienne Westwood, which I think it really quite perfect for the time. It's not a brand I've kept up to date with but of course know a few iconic pieces and styles, so it will all be a bit of a surprise for me - lets get on and check out the store:
This is our second release of Inspired By Vivienne Westwood, with the first being the last Winter Tribute Season - for me this seems more successful than the last and other than looking back at the post I made last year, the last release was a little forgettable. I think this is a good step up! There are four floors in the store and they're packed with a wide range of styles and colours, and even include a male look. As usual starting with the accessories - I really like the bag selection in this release, there are 5 to choose from and I think they offer a good variety in colour and styles. For me the Mini Yasmin Orange Bag and Heart Shaped Bag are classic designs from the brand, the colours are vibrant, the designs wearable and the classic Westwood hardware is clear. I picked up the orange bag immediately and I'm still very tempted by the heart on^ The Floral Bag really stands out as something different, the design is light and sweet in comparison to the other pieces. I like the small size and the detail is super pretty. I'm also a little tempted by the Betty Mini Bag, it has a fun mix of pastels and bold colours and the tones are fabulous. The design is also very wearable so I may still pick this one up yet. There are 10 pairs of shoes in the collection, yep, 10! The choice is amazing with a number of styles and designs, they're just not so much my thing. I think the Bondage Boots look really nice with the red and tan leather, but don't like them so much on my doll, similar to the Platform Long Boots, these look quite fabulous but not on my doll. The most tempting pairs for me are the Cuban Flame Boots and the Cuban Flame Boots Black, I love the slight western vibe to these and think they will both be quite wearable - I've picked them up in black. There are just a couple of other accessory pieces, with the only jewellery item being the Big Pearls Earrings, but they sure are fabulous to have included in the collection! You really need to zoom in close to them to see the details, but those pearls look great and I love the sparkling gold holding to them. I love these on my doll so I'm looking forward to styling them.
Now onto the clothing. There does seem to be a little bit of theming across the floors, so I'll work my way through them from the start. The first floor is more about those muted tones which I really love, but while the colours are more minimal the designs are far from it and they really stand out. My favourite look from this floor is the Silk Broad Shoulders Jacket and matching Skirt, the silk fabric is beautiful and the light colour super wearable. The oversized design is a popular one and I think there will be many ways to wear these pieces separately too. The Black Dress With Slit is such a sleek piece and looks stunning on the doll - while I'm not big on buying gowns I can see that this will be popular. The second floor has a focus on pinks and reds and I really quite love this one. My eye was immediately drawn to the Lelio Jacket, this font printing is super cool and the bold contrast between the red and white is eye-catching. This jacket fits the dolls beautifully and I'm so excited to style it! I'm also a little tempted by the Cut Off Skirt, the tartan miniskirt is adorable and I think the colours of the tartan are super fun^ The Lacy Haze Dress which is more of a lace overlay is very nice and I think will work well with many outfits and styles, I just amn't quite creative enough for it. The third floor has a more grunge style to it with more of a mix of styles to it than the other floors. I think the Dotted Transparent Corset Top and paired Dotted Transparent Skirt are such a fun set, they really pop and they look amazing, I love the purple and magenta colours they have. Again these are pieces which I think will style well separately in some super playful stylings. The fourth and final floor brings fewer looks and a focus on one-piece stylings. As I said, I'm not so much a fancy gown-wearing person, so these pieces aren't something I will be buying, but I do love the colours of the Blue PVC Dress and the Yellow Fishnet Dress, super bold and the styles are very nice and on the more minimal side of things which I appreciate.

F E A T U R E S
First up is carol.dany styling the Lelio Jacket in a red and white based look, I really love it^ I also immediately thought of these loose fit trousers when I saw the jacket, I'm glad to see how well they work together and the tulle over-skirting is such a fun addition to the outfit. The white sheer sleeves are also fun and I think this pearl beaded bag is a fabulous piece for the outfit!
Next we have harpie wearing the Silk Broad Shoulders Jacket, which looks so amazing - if I didn't already love it then I think this look would have sold it to me! The mix of beige and light tones in the outfit is great, everything works together nicely and nothing just blends in. The sheer shirt tails at the front hang out nicely under the jacket and the belting detail really works well to highlight that. The little golden elements in the accessories are a nice finishing touch =)
And lastly is nandajfl who styles both the Corset With Puffy Arms Dress and the Printed Stockings With Belt - a classic combination from the store but with personalised additions^ The addition of the black corset ontop works very nicely for the corset piece from the store, it really gives it some shape it was missing, plus the tulle skirt is fantastic, really a perfect addition to the outfit. The stockings really get shown off with the sheer of the skirt too. I also love all of the pearl details added in the accessories, those are fabulous =D

S T Y L I N G S
Now onto my stylings, overall I've picked up five pieces from the release so far and I'm happy with my first stylings of three of them. Firstly we have the Floral Bag which I loved at first sight, and actually I've not seen anyone else style this yet. I really wanted to make pinks/purples a focus of the look to pair with the flower detail on the bag, I thought this might be a limiting factor but actually I had several pieces which had a perfect colour match to the bag. I chose this dress as it's quite fabulous and needs to be shown off more for sure! I think the colour and style is perfect for the bag, and I think the amount of pink is just right now to overwhelm the piece. I stuck with super neutral accessories otherwise, I love these boots with the bag, the colour is perfect and I kept with similar beige tones for the glasses and necklace. Something quite different to my usual style but I love it a lot and I'm excited to wear this bag again^ Next is the Lelio Jacket which is just such a fun piece with the print. The red isn't quite a bright red, so I did have to take some time to find some colour-matched pieces. I had several bag options which were all pieces I've not worn in a long time, so it's great to get them out again - I love the smart vibes this box bag is adding to the look. Red sandals balanced the red, and a white base worked out well with the white in the blazer, I think black will also work very nicely so I'll be trying that next time for sure! And last but not least, the Mini Yasmin Orange Bag. If you've been around for a while you know I can't resist an orange accessory, and this one is a great addition to my collection. This was such an easy piece for me to style, it pops well against the burnt orange trousers and I kept the rest of the additions more minimal in colour, the gold details in all of the accessories fit well with the metal on the bag and I think this light gold blazer really keeps the look bright and the style fits well with that of the trousers. I love this look a lot, and actually I'm so happy with my stylings of this release so far so I'm excited to work with the other pieces and also style these ones up again =D

1 comment:

  1. Lovely entry thanks for taking me into account dear 💕

    ReplyDelete