f

Friday 27 January 2023

I N S P I R E D B Y C H A N E L | Tribute Review

Our second tribute of the season is here and I'm really so excited about this one because it's Chanel! I feel like I've waited forever for a new Chanel release, but actually it's only been since the Summer of 2019 - I'm crossing my fingers for more this Summer^ Lets jump straight into this store:
The store has three floors and is packed with 15 (including a male look) fabulous and distinctly Chanel looks! There is a bit of a mix of styles and some fun colours thrown in there alongside the more traditional ideas of the brand. I really am excited by this one^ First up the accessories, of which I have bought a lot, I love them =) There are 4 pairs of shoes to choose from and these all really speak 'Spring/Summer' to me, so they're really preparing us for the upcoming season. The first pair that stood out to me were actually the Chanel Sneakers, I think you can never have enough super stylish trainers in your collection and these tick all the boxes. The light colour makes them easy to wear and while they're on the chunkier side of styles, they're not too chunky - just right for me^ The other 3 pairs are dressier for sure, but I think could be used casually with some creativity. I think the Fishnet Crystal Shoes are adorable and super preppy, I like the minimal black of the shoe so some of the focus is on the fishnetting, but similarly the Fishnet Long Shoes have sweet bow detailing on the shoes while still having highlight on the fishnet which is likely because it's knee-height and white. These pairs will really be down to personal preference, while I think they're lovely, they're not styles I would typically wear so I probably won't get them, but I look forward to seeing them being styled on other dolls. There are a whopping 9 bags in this release, and I'm all for this overwhelming amount! All of them are on the smaller side, which I'm all for as I find these more wearable, and a couple are super tiny which is sweet. Two of the bags stood out to me immediately, first the Small Camera Purse, I love the combination of the white and the light raffia, this is going to be perfect for Spring/Summer, and secondly the Sequined Purse in those beautiful yellow and red tones, it's unique in this collection and it really stands out for that. There are a couple of other over shoulder bags too, the Crossbody Purse which has a really cute small size and so many details, I also really like the darker colour to this one, and also the White Purse which is a classic quilted piece with an adorable heart detail on the front - of course I picked this up too, never too many white bags I say! Whilst I love the idea of the Micro Purse, the absolutely tiny size of it means I will likely avoid using it, so I'm passing on it this time, but the last bag I bought and want to mention is the Pearl Mini Bag. You must zoom in and look at the detail on this one, it's amazing, the colours are fabulous and the design is stunning, I'm super excited to style this one and have quite a few ideas already^ There are also a number of other accessories included in the store. I really love the Belt design, I think it's a classic with a twist and I'm sure it will be a popular piece. It's got boho vibes and I think it will do well in all seasons of styling. Onto the jewellery and there's really quite a lot here, with a number of the pieces available in both suite and beauty parlor versions. The Chanel Earrings stood out to me first, these are sweet and simple but stylish, they appear quite versatile and I think will be easy to style in a lot of looks. I'm also a big fan of the Chanel Chain Necklace, this is right up my street in terms of style with the gold and I think I will love working with this. There are also a number of long necklaces to choose from. My favourite is the Gold Tie Necklace, but the Necklace Set 1 and Chanel Necklace Set 2 also look pretty great and I think they will be very wearable so I might still pick these up!
And now for the clothing! As with the Vivienne Westwood tribute, the floors do seem to have some theming to them, so I will go through them individually. The first floor seems classic Chanel to me, all about the black and those recognisable Chanel pieces. The Black Dress With Slit sure stands out being in the middle of the floor and the gold has such a bold tone to it. The jewels and chains are great on this, but it's of course quite a stand out piece to wear and I'm not sure how versatile it will be. The Sequined Mini Shorts are also quite adorable, but again I'm not sure how wearable these will be, they don't really fit my style so much, but I really want them too haha! What I do love from this floor is the Crochet Sweater and paired Crochet Pants, this set is fabulous and the pieces individually look like they have some versatility. They're in classic black, but the white trim and gold details stand out nicely. My one disappointment is with how low slung the Pants are, I think they are so fabulous, but with the attached belt and how it sits, they will be quite tricky for me to style in the way I had envisaged, so I don't think I will be getting these. The second floor is all about colour and is full of fun pieces. Now so far I haven't bought any of these pieces, but I still think there are some gems in there. I would have loved if the Knitted Patterned Jumpsuit has been a two-piece, I love the vibrant animal print and think it would be so fun to wear, but just as a pair of trousers. The Leather Brown Vest with the outfit though does look very tempting, I love the dark brown colour of this and I think it could be more versatile than I was first thinking, perhaps I will give this a try! The Pink Jacket is a fun take on tweed, and actually I quite like this bold tone, but what puts me off is the low round neckline, I think if it was a higher neck then I would definitely be interested. The Patterned Jeans are also super tempting, really like the high waist and love the dark denim with the lighter pattern, but while I don't mind a straight-leg style, I don't like the length of these. I'd love to see someone style these and change my mind though. The final floor is a bit of a mixed style with both classic and bright pieces. My eyes are immediately drawn to the left-most look, the combination of the Chanel Body, Shirt Dress and White Wide Pants, this just looks beautiful and effortless, I love everything about it! This floor also has a couple of co-ords: the yellow Crop Top, Chanel Jacket and High Waist Skirt in tweed and while I'm not sure how often I'd wear pieces like this, I think the colour suits my doll amazingly, and then also the White Lace Jacket and White Lace Skirt which are beautifully designed and I'm definitely tempted to get these =)

F E A T U R E S
First up for features is bianca.vos styling the Chanel Sneakers and Crossbody Purse in a fun casual way, I love the Autumnal vibes this look has^ The jacket and bag combination is my favourite part of this outfit, these pieces are great together with the colours in the bag, and I also think that little strip of blue in the bag is perfect with the denim colour chosen - I really love it =D
I just had to include this second look from bianca.vos, this time wearing the Shirt Dress and Chanel Chain Necklace, it really makes the Shirt seem wearable and I'm super tempted to get it! I love the dressed up vibes to a seaside styling and I think the additions to the Chanel items are great. The skirt and shirt pair well together in terms of style and flow to the fabric and I love all the gold added in the accessories, the chain belt just adds an extra Chanel factor to the outfit.
Next up is rob_sef7 who styles the B&W Mini Jacket and Chanel Necklace Set 2 together in this very Chanel-esque look without even including any other Chanel pieces, I love it! The sheeny white of the jacket is perfect with these additional beige pieces, and I think it works really well as an open shirt with another jacket layered on top. I really love these trousers with the piece, I think they're the perfect addition as is the use of this pair of shoes which combines both beige and black. The open neckline is filled perfectly with the necklace and I love the additional accessory pieces added to complete the outfit^
The final feature comes from the fabulous harpie wearing the Leather Brown Vest - it was definitely seeing this outfit that made me think again about this piece, because it looks amazing here! The purple dress underneath is great because the browns in the print really make it work beautifully with the vest. The velvet purple bag also really brings out some purple hues in the vest which I love and give me a couple of ideas for it, I really love this one =)

S T Y L I N G S
I bought a lot of accessories from this release, so bag and jewellery stylings will be coming to you soon. First up in these stylings are the Chanel Sneakers and Belt paired together. I was actually testing these trousers out with another piece, but thought they really looks fabulous with the belt thus this outfit came about. The cropped length of the trousers was perfect to show off the trainers in the look. I kept the rest of the look simple but added black in the jacket and bag to really fit with the belt and I'm pleased with the final result. Next up is the Crochet Sweater which I had so much fun styling, I had quite a few skirts and trousers that looked good with this piece so I know there will be more outfits with it. I decided with this gold skirt to pull out the gold details in the piece, but balanced the look with black boots and I really love how that looks. I also added more black and gold in the accessories too, I couldn't find the perfect bag so I opted to not include one but otherwise I'm super happy with this outfit^ And finally is the White Top which definitely feels more of a Summer piece and I've also gone for a Summer styling with this outfit. I love the top and this lace skirt together, I think they're really a perfect pairing. I kept the accessories simple so that the lace and details in the top would be the focus, but of course added a little more Chanel with this bag - I really love it and will wear this again in the Summer for sure!

1 comment: