f

Monday 23 January 2023

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

Welcome to LE49! It's been quite a few months since our last LE release so it's about time for another release in the Plaza this Winter 2022. Apologies for the lateness of this post, the collection came out on the 18th of November, but life really kept me busy these past few months. Let's get on in and check out this collection:
This collection has three floors and 14 looks in total, including one look for male dolls. It is for sure a flashy collection, there are a lot of bolds and metallics in the colours and designs, so it might not be for everyone, but even I managed to buy quite a few pieces to try out that really work for me! First the accessories, there are a good amount with this release and a few non-shoes/bag items as well. There are six pairs of shoes in the release with a real focus on boots (no complaints, I love a good boot!). For me the absolute stand out pair are the Gold Pink Circle Boots, these have such a fun design with the circles and the colours are just stunning - I just love them =D These are also still available in the store. If the colours aren't quite for you, then the Silver Boots are also a good metallic option, the strap design is great and the silver colour is sleek. The White High Heels are the only non-boot option, these look great too, however they are more of a plain design so there's nothing particularly stand-out about them for the price. There are 7 bags in the release and for me these are really impressive. The first piece that I knew I had to have was the Pearl Purse, this is such an elegant design with lovely details and it just seems so wearable in my wardrobe. I've seen this one styled a few times on other dolls and really love how they've worn it too^ I was very tempted by the Studded Purse with its sunset colours, dropped strap and bamboo-handle design however I wasn't 100% sure, and by then it had sold out! But I look forward to seeing it styled by other dolls. I think the Gold Stringy Purse is also a great piece, I think it fits the overall vibe of the collection really well and think, for a gold bag, it will be pretty versatile. The final piece to mention is of course the Red Purse, my second favourite bag of the release, I'm a big Dior fan, so knew I would love this, the red colour is so bold and fabulous, and the design is very clearly Dior - I'm really excited to test the versatility of this piece. I didn't pick up any of the jewellery pieces this time, but I'm still considering buying the Angel Pearls Necklace (yes still available!), which is a very chunky piece with pearls. I've seen it included in a few looks and it always seems to look good =)
Now for the clothing. Amongst the bold colours there are certainly pieces in there for those of us who prefer a quieter tone to our stylings. I had seen the spoilers before the release and the one piece I knew I absolutely had to have was the Black Leather Coat - it for sure wins versatile piece of the collection! It's such a lovely basic piece that a wardrobe needs and I love many aspects about the design. The slight drop on the shoulders is great alongside the extra long sleeves, and I love the placing of the waist tie - it's just a perfect piece all round. The White Puffy Arms Dress is also super sweet for those looking for a lack of colour, the design is so pretty on this one, those sleeves really are fabulous! I really liked the dark denim colour of the Denim Body and Low Waist Denim Pants but I struggled to see how I would wear these pieces, I'd really want the jeans to be high waisted and then for me the duo would be perfect. There are a couple of dresses that I think are really too cool for me, but I still think are amazing: the Purple Leather Train Dress is so fun, the fit is lovely, love the deep V neckline paired with a long sleeve and the style of the train, and then the Leather Dress in black and red stripes is just so eye-catching, the midi-length is a great one to work with and the cross-over minimal top adds a great style contrast to the design of the skirt, I'm so tempted to buy this! The final piece to mention which I purchased on a bit of a whim but I'm so glad about, is the Cropped Sweater. The mix of colours is fun, the black really contrasts with the white, pink and blue which really makes it stand out in a crowd. I don't usually go for cropped styles, but this one isn't too cropped and is also a chunky knit with a poloneck design, I love a poloneck^

F E A T U R E S
First up is singiel who styles a number of pieces from the release, the Necklace With Rubies, Angel Pearls Necklace, Wrist Pocket Bag, Pearl Purse and the White Skirt in this fabulous look! I'm a total sucker for an all white look and this one is a great mix of a simple look with so much glamour added in those sparkling jewels and the fantastic bag - so so stylish^
Next up millaxx opts for a more casual outfit making use of the Tangled Sweater - I was so tempted by this piece and I think I will have a search for it in the Bazaar once it's sellable as this outfit really sells it to me! The greens and browns in the piece have been added to beautifully in the outfit, these trousers are so perfect with it and I love the use of this brown bag too, with the gold details that is perfect for the added gold in the jewellery =D
And the final feature comes from Bianquette who styles up the Fringed Crop Top in this oh-so-glamorous and fabulous way - I'm far from cool enough to pull off a style like this! The feathered style is very over the top, but with the slightly more simple pieces in the rest of the look, it's a well balanced outfit. The midi skirt looks great and I love the use of the red tights, a perfect balance with the top and the other red accessories included =)

S T Y L I N G S
And now for my own stylings - I picked up a small number of pieces and I'm pretty pleased with my selection. First up are the Gold Pink Circle Boots, which I just love, when I saw these in the spoilers before the release I knew I just had to have them! I really enjoyed styling them and found quite a few clothing options that I liked the look of, in the end this red skirt won and I really love it with the boots. I stuck with red for the bag but balanced all that colour with the black coat, I think the boots pop really well against this. Of course included some gold in the earrings, but I know next time it will be all about the gold in an outfit for these boots^ Next is the Black Leather Coat which is just fantastic and so easy to style - it's incredibly versatile and there were many options for clothing pairings. I decided on this fun black and colourful-striped set and I think it's a fun option with those pops of colour, included in the added matching bag. It's super simple but the coat does all the talking here. I'm a little surprised that I've not seen more people styling this one, would love to see some other takes on it! And lastly is the Cropped Sweater in what I think is my favourite outfit of the three. The colour mix in the piece gives quite a few options for outfits, and I went with three of them. I love this skirt with the piece so much, the pink and lace adds such a feminine touch against the black which I further added to with the accessories. The white boots keep it lighter and I really think they're the perfect choice here. I really love this look and would wear it again in a heartbeat =D

3 comments:

  1. Actually it's collection number 50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I have a list of all the release dates (have been around for them all!), now I will need to figure out which one I've missed!

      Delete
    2. omg! actually I made a mistake, i'm dumb and I counted 1 collection with 2 different interiors as 2 separate collections, I'm so sorry!

      Delete